From our friends at WABI Burien:
There are a couple of small waterfalls on Miller Creek in Burien, and if you haven’t yet discovered them, come join the Walk-n-Talk this Sunday, Feb. 6, 2022.
Walk along part of Burien’s contribution to the paved Lake-to-Sound trail, peek at one waterfall tucked away in a ravine, then find where Miller Creek continues and has another little waterfall.
- Date and Time: Sunday, Feb. 6. Meet at 2 p.m., start walking at 2:15 p.m.
- Place: Meet in front of the Recology Store (a couple doors north of Trader Joe’s, at 5 Corners Shopping Center. (15858 1st Ave S, #A100, Burien, Washington 98148)
- Route: From the Recology store, east along S. 160th, then south along Des Moines Memorial Drive, pass under 509, through the Blakely Manor neighborhood, then back to 5 Corners Shopping Center. The route is mostly flat, but includes some gently sloping areas. There are sidewalks for part of the route only.
- Who: This is a free event open to all walkers and friendly four-leggeders.
- Distance: About 2.5 miles round trip.
(Please click on the map for a larger view. Print it out and bring it with you if you’d like a copy as we walk.)
Check out our tip sheet: “Start Walking for Health and Well-Being”.
Intentions for Burien’s Walk-n-Talk:
- “Encourage active living to support physical and mental health.” (Part of Burien’s “Vision”.)
- Initiate conversation between friends and neighbors, new and old.
For further information, please jot us a note:[email protected]