- This event has passed.
Burien Farmers Market is every Thursday through Oct. 29
May 20 @ 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
The Burien Farmers Market runs every Thursday from May 6 to October 28, 2021 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. at Burien Town Square Park (map below).
The Burien Farmers Market is a community icon among locals and supports small family farms, local businesses, and helps feed people healthy, nutritious food.
In response to COVID-19, the Burien Farmers Market has been working diligently with the King County Health Department and other local partners to create a modified market that ensures the health and safety of its vendors and shoppers.
Seniors are being given special access to the Burien Farmers Market between 10am-11am before we open it to the general public. Then, from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m., the general publuc will get the chance to experience the Burien Farmers Market under this approved modified plan. Expect to see some of your favorite vendors, but also expect it to look and operate differently than normal.
Some key changes:
- Masks are required to attend the Burien Farmers Market. No mask, no entry.
- Fewer vendors will be at the market to ensure that booths are adequately spaced to allow for social distancing among vendors and shoppers. Social distancing standards will be strictly enforced. Only a limited number of shoppers will be allowed to enter at a time.
- Increased measures for health and safety includes extra hand-washing stations.
- Shoppers will not be allowed to touch produce or products – vendors must bag items at point of sale.
- Entertainment, music and eating areas have been suspended until further notice.
- Limited entry and exit points. The shopper entrance will be located at SW 152nd and 5th SW.
Vendors will accept cash and cards, and tokens are available at the orange Discover Burien tent for SNAP/EBT. They will not be offering SNAP Market Match during the winter market months, but will run your EBT card in exchange for tokens to spend at the market.
“MASKS MUST BE WORN TO ENTER. NO EXCEPTIONS. MASKS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE ENTRANCE IF YOU NEED ONE.”