- This event has passed.
Burien Film Festival screening winning films at the Drive-In this Wednesday night
October 28, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Burien Film Festival will be screening its winning films at Discover Burien’s Drive-In on SW 153rd Street this Wednesday night, Oct. 28, 2020, starting at 7 p.m.
The cost is FREE – with Donation Requested – and viewing placement is on a first come first serve; gates open at 6 pm.
Wednesday, Oct. 28: 7 p.m. start
- Hyperlocal Burien Winners: The two winning shorts, Skipping Shorewood dir. by Evan Kubena and The Maplewild Run dir. By Dan White.
- Interview with the directors by Ben Camp and John Hendow
- International Award Winners: Eight (8) winning ‘Best Of’ categories from Turkey, France, Germany, Iran, Ukraine/UK, and US – These are world-class films!!
Wednesday, Nov. 4: 7 p.m. start:
NW Film Industry Hero Award: Intro and Wes Hurley presents the award to Mischa Jakupcak
- Two short films: The Hero Post dir. by Mischa Jakupcak, Little Potato dir. by Wes Hurley
- Ben Camp hosts a Wes and Mischa conversation.
- Bias – Reflections: Intro on bias in the world today by T.s. Flock
Five powerful short films addressing bias in the world from India, Iran and Seattle
Five Directors Reflect – don’t miss this! Poignant insight into the films and the state of the world.
Wednesday, Nov. 11: 7 p.m. start
Animated! Homage to Stop-Animation by John Hendow
- Five stop animation shorts from local and international filmmakers
- Interview of artist and filmmaker Gevin Booth by Ben Camp
NW Teen Talent – Intro by Angela DiMarco and David Hogan of Mighty Tripod Productions
- Four shorts by one teen writer and three teen directors.
- Teens Talk Shop – The next generation of filmmakers speak
More info: https://www.discoverburien.org/drivein-1
The Drive-In is located west of 6th Ave SW on the north side of SW 153rd Street: