- This event has passed.
Burien’s Environmental Science Center’s ‘Virtual Moonlight Beach Walks’ start Sunday night
January 10 @ 8:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Burien’s Environmental Science Center’s ‘Virtual Moonlight Beach Walks’ start TONIGHT – Sunday, Jan. 10, 2021, from 8:30 – 9 p.m.
They will be held online, and will also be held on Saturday, Feb. 6 and Sunday, Feb. 7.
“Stay warm and toasty at home while going on a winter beach walk!
“Ask live questions of naturalists as marine species are found on low-tide walks at Seahurst Park, and match what you see on the screen with our new marine ID guides and other beach resources.”
- You won’t be on camera, but you will be able to explore local marine life with naturalists and ask them live questions as low-tide treasures are revealed during these annual walks at Seahurst Park.
- Use ESC’s new marine ID guides to match what species you’ll see on your screen. Common finds include crabs, sea stars, anemones, cucumbers, chitons, whelks, barnacles, and muscles, among other delights.
- These events are sponsored by the King County Flood Control District, WRIA 9 and Shinnyo-en Foundation to help you and your neighbors learn about your watershed and how you can improve or sustain its health.
WHAT: Virtual Moonlight Beach Walks
WHERE: Online via Zoom & Facebook
- SUNDAY, Jan. 10: 8:30-9:30 p.m.; Tide -2.2 @ 9:00 p.m.
- SATURDAY, Feb. 6: 6:30-7:30 p.m.; Tide -0.5 @ 6:50 p.m.
- SUNDAY, Feb. 7: 7:30-8:30 p.m.; Tide -1.1 @ 7:50 p.m.