- This event has passed.
Possible tax increase, affordable housing & more on agenda for Mon. City Council
November 4, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
On the agenda for Monday night’s regular Burien City Council meeting: Veterans Day proclamation, possible property tax increase, budget, shelter options, affordable housing demonstration program, noise ordinance, and more.
Download the full agenda packet here (PDF file).
Here’s the agenda:
PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS:
- Proclaiming November 11, 2019 as Veterans Day in the City of Burien (Bob Edgar, Councilmember)
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT ON EMERGING ISSUES
- Revenue Sources, Including a Possible Increase of Up to 1% in Property Tax Revenue, and Expenditures for the 2019-2020 Mid-Biennium Budget Review and Adjustment (Eric Christensen, Finance Director)
- Preliminary Research on Shelter Models in Burien (Colleen Brandt-Schluter, Human Services Manager / Ted Boe, Burien Police Chief)
- 2019-2020 Mid-Biennium Budget Review and Adjustment
- Discussion of Property Tax Levy Ordinance No. 720
- Discussion of Surface Water Management (SWM) Rates Ordinance No. 721
- Discussion of Commercial Parking Tax Ordinance No. 722 (Eric Christensen, Finance Director)
- Affordable Housing Demonstration Program (Thara Johnson, Senior Planner) Continued Discussion and Potential Action
- Ordinance No. 707, Adopting Amendments to the Burien Municipal Code Relating to Noise (Chris Criag, Economic Development Manager)
- Sound Cities Association (SCA) Appointments to Regional Boards and Committees (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager) Discussion
- Council Agenda Planning Calendar (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
The meeting will start at 7 p.m. at Burien City Hall: