- This event has passed.
Senior/Vulnerable Hour at Burien Farmers Market every Thursday from 10–11 a.m.
October 22 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
A modified version of the Burien Farmers Market is held at Town Square Park on Thursdays, with new precautions as mandated by Public Health – Seattle & King County.
Hours of operation now include a new Senior/Vulnerable Hour added from 10 – 11 a.m., and regular hours running from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
The Burien Farmers Market will be held every Thursday until Oct. 29, 2020.
Farmers markets were listed as “essential infrastructure” in Governor Inslee’s proclamation on March 23, 2020.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the open-air market has re-configured its layout to encourage proper social distancing and additional measures to ensure the safety of patrons, vendors, workers, and passersby.
NOTE: If you are not feeling well, you are encouraged *not* to visit.
- The market is outdoor only and organizers will discourage crowding by having one way in and one way out with markings on the asphalt for six-foot distancing and cones down the center to encourage one-way traffic.
- There will also be caution tape on the front and back of each booth to corral shoppers in the holding area for purchasing their goods.
- Organizers will abide by the two customers per vendor booth rule, essentially that one booth = 2 customers in at any given time with appropriate markings every six feet. They will have designated counters ensuring this to be the case and for control of the entrance and exit points.
The plan includes information on how the market will control for health screening, social distancing and sanitation:
- Social Distancing: maintain a 6-foot distance between yourself and others at all times
- Handwashing: use hand washing stations when entering the market and regularly while shopping.
- No Contact: don’t handle products; use card or exact change if possible; bag your own purchases
- Be Prepared: send one person per household; pre-order if possible; shop and depart quickly
“Farmers markets are essential services, providing healthy food from our local farms safely to communities across the state. And to protect the health of our community, farmers markets will operate differently for now. Each farmers market has worked with public health to maximize your safety and minimize risk. Farmers markets now operate with social distancing, reduced contact points, increased sanitation, and PPE. We urge all shoppers to follow restrictions.
“While farmers markets will look different, they offer the same direct connection with local farmers who are taking every measure to grow fresh produce, meats, eggs, dairy, and more for you and your family. We depend on them for our local food system, and they depend on us too. Please click the “Farmers Market Schedule Updates” for the most recent information about your farmers market.”
Town Square Park is located at 480 SW 152nd Street: