Founded in Dec., 2007, The B-Town Blog is one of the oldest – and most popular and successful – independent local blogs in the Northwest.
Awarded as “Best Hyperlocal Website” in a five-state region by the Society of Professional Journalists for two consecutive years (read more here), this website is the most-read, locally-focused and affordable solution for all marketing needs in the South King County area.
We are the only daily-updated, totally-independent, truly-local community news website in Burien – run by Scott & Theresa Schaefer, who live, work, play and spend here – that provides a highly-targeted, local, very desirable audience with the most recent Local News, Feature Stories, Event Listings, Videos, Photos, Business News, Forums and more.
And we have many Advertising solutions for businesses that are looking to get themselves in front of the eyeballs of our ~65,000 – 80,000+ monthly Readers, starting for less than $2 per day. Our Coupon Page is a popular platform for Advertisers to put their offers up for Readers to print and use, and are very effective solutions. Plus, our Readers love ‘em!
Following are some testimonials from just a few of our satisfied Customers:
“The coupons for The Tag Zone were a huge success for the Summer. I received 48 of them saving families $336…WOW!”
- Johnny Basco
The Tag Zone
“I want to thank all of the folks who drove down from White Center and Burien (at least 40!) and who have made the trip down since the grand re-opening to order multiple sandwiches!”
- Min Chung
Super Deli Mart
“We ran our first ad in January and had a great feature article written and published the day that our ad came out. In January, we had our 2nd best new member enrollment in our 21 year history of Highline Athletic Club. The B-Town Blog was the only advertising that we did in January that was different from our regular marketing plan.”
- Dona Forester
Highline Athletic Club
We encourage you to email us for our latest Media Kit, which also includes a Rate Card. Or call Theresa Schaefer directly at (206) 248-2565 and she’ll meet with you and show you in person.
WE’VE GOT SOUTH KING COUNTY COVERED!
The B-Town Blog is part of a network of six Local Blogs published by South King Media. Founded in Dec., 2007 by Scott Schaefer, a three-time National Emmy Award winning Writer for “Bill Nye the Science Guy” (PBS/Disney) with over 25 years’ media experience in Seattle and Hollywood, South King Media’s mission is to inform, entertain, educate and promote residents and businesses in South King County, WA. Most recently, Schaefer was awarded “Business Leader of the Year” for 2013 by Discover Burien.
SEE US? WE’RE TRANSPARENT!
Unlike other news media outlets and blogs, we are fully transparent about our traffic statistics. Our “traffic transparency” policy means that, at any time, you can click on statistics links in the footer of the website (at the bottom of any page), and see what kind of traffic we’re getting – totally live, uncensored and independently monitored!
Click on a logo below to see live stats for our B-Town Blog site (keep in mind that statistics vary with each independent measuring company, something that’s not in our control):
WHEN YOU BUY AN AD, YOU BECOME PART OF OUR SOCIAL NETWORK!
Whenever we take on a new Advertiser, a couple of great, innovative and effective marketing techniques happen that help spread your word and set us apart from most other websites:
- We post a “Blogvertorial” feature story about your business. This appears in the regular Headline content section along with other regular stories, and includes keywords, information and links relevant to your business. This helps dramatically increase your Google presence online. For examples of some previous Blogvertorials, click here.
- We update our Facebook Page(s). Shortly after a story goes live on our site, another posting appears on our popular Facebook Page. We then “Like” our own post, which then sends out a second viral update to all our Fans and Friends. Facebook has become the best referral website for traffic to our blogs aside from organic Google search results.
- We send out a “Tweet” from our Twitter Page(s) to our “Followers” (follow us here). Oftentimes our Tweets get re-tweeted by others, driving even more traffic.
MORE THAN JUST LOCAL WEBSITES
South King Media also strives to serve and help its community, and we’re confident we’re the most-involved local media outlet in the entire area!
Here’s a list of just some of the fundraisers we’ve been involved with since our inception:
- In Feb., 2013, we organized the “Up from the Ashes” fundraiser for victims of the Jan. 28 Tra-Lee apartment fire in Burien. We raised nearly $7,000, all of which will go directly to the victims!
- We’ve served as Media Sponsors for many local fundraisers, including the annual Cove To Clover, Brat Trot, Highline Medical Center Foundations’ Hats On For Highline, Highline Schools Foundation for Excellence’s Gold Star Awards and Oktoberfest, and many more.
- In July 2008, we co-sponsored a major auction fundraiser for the victims of a tragic apartment arson fire, and helped raise $10,500 in one night.
- In August 2008, we held a fundraiser Blog Party for the Highline and White Center Food Banks, and netted 166 separate food donations and $280 in cash to help feed needy area families.
- We have sponsored a regular “Turkeys N’Diapers” fundraiser for both the White Center Food Bank and WestsideBaby, where over two years we’ve raised nearly $2,000.
- In December 2009, we held our first annual “Have A Heart” party, where we raised nearly $600 for the Highline Area Food Bank!
Since launching in Dec. 2007, we’ve helped raise over $200,000 for our communities!
We also have done numerous in-person appearances at: