AWARD-WINNING HYPERLOCAL NEWS & CONTENT
South King Media creates and produces award-winning Local News/Events Blogs, Podcasts, Email Newsletters, Live Video Feeds and Film/Video!
We publish seven local blogs (iLoveKent.net is our newest) for the South King County area in Washington State, where we serve up the latest local news, politics, events, arts, entertainment and more with a monthly reach of over 140,000 Readers.
We pride ourselves on professional, award-winning, high-quality, efficient “hyperlocal journalism” that serves the region we live, work, play and spend our money in.
South King Media is proud to be a member of LION (Local Independent Online News) Publishers, which is “committed to strong local independent journalism, whether in small towns or big cities, creating stories that serve their residents and build a sense of place, and shining an informative light that allows citizens to make wise decisions.”
Here are our average monthly network-wide stats for the first half of 2018 (1/1/18 – 6/30/18, as per Google Analytics):
- Sessions: 140,811/mo. (UP +8.86% vs 2017)
- Pageviews: 473,006/mo. (UP +23.8% vs 2017)
For a full Media Kit/Rate Card, please email Theresa Schaefer at [email protected].
The main Contributors to this website include:
- Scott Schaefer, Founder/Publisher/Editor: With three National Emmy Awards for Writing on “Bill Nye the Science Guy” and over 35 years’ experience in TV/video, multimedia, marketing/advertising, technology and the internet, Scott started The B-Town Blog as a hobby and has since turned it into a full-time business. His previous credits include as a Director on “Penn & Teller:Bullsh*t!” (Showtime), “The Arsenio Hall Show” (Paramount), “Sightings” (Paramount), “Totally Hidden Video” (Fox), “America’s Funniest People” (ABC), Fox On-Air Promotions and KING-TV’s “Almost Live!” where he got his start in 1985. To learn more about Founder/Publisher Scott Schaefer, visit https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottso/ or http://www.scottso.net.
- Theresa Schaefer, Sales Manager. Scott’s wife joined him in 2012, and she handles Sales and Marketing/Promotions. Previously she served as a member of the Victorinox Swiss Army Sales Management team. Theresa is a veteran sales and marketing professional – with deep customer service experience honed at Nordstrom – who is ready to help your business. Email her for our Media Kit.
- Jack Mayne, Reporter. Jack Mayne has done about all there is to do in print journalism. He has been city editor of the Seattle P.I. back in its glory days, edited the Journal American in Bellevue and Valley Daily News in Kent in the 1990s. Before that he was a freelance international journalist and reported from South Africa, China, visited over 80 countries and even covered a colonial war in the 20th century between the United Kingdom and Argentina over the desolate Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic. He got his start at the Vancouver Province, thence to The Associated Press, becoming chief of the New England bureau, but a desire of AP to send him to Buffalo, N.Y., drove him back to Seattle. With writing for print becoming quaint and dated, he is now setting his sights on Web journalism and has written several stories for the B-Town Blog and plans many more.
- Michael Brunk, Photographer/Technical Guru. With a love of photography that spans more than 20 years, Michael has fond memories of film but wouldn’t give up his digital SLR for anything. His checkered past includes stints as a monthly columnist for a nationally published magazine on telecommunications and technology and several years reviewing movies. He’s also been known to dabble in community theater. His main qualifications are a large camera and amazing skills we call ‘Brunksmanship.’ He also has built and maintained the code that runs our sites.
SEATTLE BUSINESS PROFILE
In late August, 2018, South King Media was profiled by Seattle Business Magazine.