Founded in Dec., 2007, The B-Town (Burien) Blog is one of the oldest, original, multiple award-winning – and most popular and successful – independent local news blogs in the Northwest.
Our homegrown, family-run, totally independent website has amazing reach – as it’s considered by 71% of residents as their main source of information, according to a recent survey by the City of Burien – here’s a handy-dandy infographic with all the details:
For calendar year 2019, The B-Town Blog averaged 98,014 Sessions and 401,745 Pageviews per month (as per Google Analytics).
Not bad for a city with ~51,000 population!
NOTE: We encourage all business owners to carefully vet all advertising offers with the following steps:
- Ask for independent statistics of traffic/reach. We use Google Analytics and Quantcast, and are happy to share raw traffic stat data and demographic info from them.
- Make sure that the business you’re dealing with is an actual business, not just a website or Facebook page. Do they have an office? A local business license? Are they even local?
We are the best, totally independent, locally-focused and affordable solution for all marketing needs in the South King County area.
For more details or a Rate Card, please email Sales Manager Theresa Schaefer at [email protected].
We have recently upgraded our Advertising solutions, and can now offer many more ad styles and sizes. Here are some examples:
One of our most effective advertising options is ‘Sponsored Posts,’ also known as native advertising and branded, or paid, content.
These featured posts are designed for audience interaction – creating buzz, high click-through rates (CTR), and increased likes and engagement on social media.
They also increase your business’ Search Engine Optimization (SEO), as we can include relevant keywords.
- Featured story with a large graphic (ie: your logo/ad) posted on the front page of The B-Town Blog for a limited amount of time
- Cross-posts on our popular Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Backlink to your website, landing page or social media account
NOTE: Federal guidelines mandate that sponsor content must be disclosed as paid content.
Create a video ad from a YouTube URL, Vimeo URL, or URL to a raw video file. In some cases (such as Instagram), URLs to posts with videos may be entered. You may also supply text, a photo, and logo:
Just like the standard coupon, but with more options. Create a cutout-style coupon with an optional image to promote a sale or event. When your users click on it, they will be taken to a mobile-friendly page where they can print the page or keep it handy on their mobile device:
An attractive coupon that can be fit to any size. When you click on it, it opens full-screen on a mobile device. Just upload pictures and text. Great for coupon pages and grids:
CLICK TO ENLARGE
A very simple format which displays an image and a “Click to Enlarge” call to action which will open the image in a new window. Useful for store flyers and circulars:
INSTANT FACEBOOK AD
Create an ad from a public Facebook page. This pulls in the latest post from a Facebook feed once per hour. It displays the photo, caption, and optionally, comments and like information on the post:
Create an ad from an Instagram account username. This pulls in the latest from a *public* Instagram feed once per hour. It displays the photo, caption, and optionally, comments and like information on the post:
Create an ad from an Twitter account username. This pulls in the latest from a *public* Twitter feed once per hour. It displays the photo, caption, and optionally, comments and like information on the post:
TEXT MESSAGE (SMS)
An ad that pulls in text and picture messages sent to 609-207-7067 from a phone number that you specify. Any text or picture messages will display in the ad within 20 minutes:
A banner ad that, when hovered over, will “flip” to reveal its other side, which is a second banner ad. Impressive, fun and eye-catching:
When hovered over, this innovative ad splits to reveal a message. Useful for standard banners with additional info, or perhaps plain images that intrigue users to engage with the ad. Any sized image can be used:
For more details on our amazing new Ad solutions, or a Rate Card, please email Sales Manager Theresa Schaefer at [email protected].
We are also active members of the national professional journalism association LION Publishers (Local Independent Online News).
We are the only daily-updated, totally-independent, truly-local community news website in Burien – run by Scott & Theresa Schaefer, who live, work, play and spend here (since 1995) – that provides a highly-targeted, local, very desirable audience with the most recent Local News, Feature Stories, Event Listings, Videos, Photos, Business News, Forums and more.
Burien’s local news site, The B-Town Blog, cites its readership as 65,000 monthly readers—an impressive reach compared with the average print circulation of Seattle’s metropolitan monthlies, which hovers in the ballpark of 53,000.
– Green Rubino Agency
Loving Our Locovores
WE’VE GOT SOUTH KING COUNTY COVERED!
The B-Town Blog is part of a network of seven Local Blogs published by South King Media. Founded in Dec., 2007 by Scott Schaefer, a three-time National Emmy Award winning Writer for “Bill Nye the Science Guy” (PBS/Disney) with over 25 years’ media experience in Seattle and Hollywood, South King Media’s mission is to inform, entertain, educate and promote residents and businesses in South King County, WA. Most recently, Schaefer was awarded “Business Leader of the Year” for 2013 by Discover Burien.
WHEN YOU BUY AN AD, YOU BECOME PART OF OUR SOCIAL NETWORK!
Whenever we take on a new Advertiser, a couple of great, innovative and effective marketing techniques happen that help spread your word and set us apart from most other websites:
- We post a “Blogvertorial” feature story about your business. This appears in the regular Headline content section along with other regular stories, and includes keywords, information and links relevant to your business. This helps dramatically increase your Google presence online.
- We update our Facebook Page(s). Shortly after a story goes live on our site, another posting appears on our popular Facebook Page (NOTE: Excluding Job postings). We then “Like” this post, which sends out a second viral update to all our Fans and Friends. Facebook has become the best referral website for traffic to our blogs aside from organic Google search results.
- We send out a Tweet from our Twitter Page(s) to our Followers (follow us here). Oftentimes our Tweets get re-tweeted by others, driving even more traffic.
We encourage you to email us for our latest Media Kit, which also includes a Rate Card. Or call Theresa Schaefer directly at (206) 248-2565 and she’ll meet with you and show you in person.