How to submit to the blog
To get something posted on The B-Town Blog, please follow these simple instructions:
HAVE A STORY IDEA OR NEWS TIP?
- If you have a news tip or story idea, please email it to email@example.com. You can also text us or leave a voicemail 24/7 at (206) 659-8768. NOTE: We do NOT charge to post relevant articles about our community.
- If you’re a business owner interested in Advertising, or would like a Blogvertorial posted, please contact Sales Manager Theresa Schaefer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our office at (206) 248-2565.
- Send your words as plain text within an email or as an attached text file.
- Send PDFs or .jpegs of posters, artwork, etc.
- Please do NOT send a Word doc with everything formatted like you think it will appear on the blog. We can’t work with Word docs and it’s a big hassle to export everything, especially if it’s got formatting like bold and italics.
- Please do NOT embed photos within a Word document.
- Please do NOT email us Publisher files as we’re Mac-based and can’t read them (we can read PDF files though).
- To get your company’s marketing in front of our ~75-90,000 engaged, local monthly Readers – and our growing social media network – please email Sales Manager Theresa Schaefer directly at email@example.com or call our office at (206) 248-2565. More info is available here.
- We now sell Help Wanted/Job Listings for just $20 per blog post! This includes a cross-posting to our very engaged social media fans (as of July 2014 – 9,784 on Facebook and Twitter).
- After experimenting with posting these for free, we now charge a low fee of just $40 per obit – a much better deal than paying upwards of $400-600 for an obit in a Seattle newspaper (plus, we rank very high in Google searches)! Please send text and a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR:
- We are currently revisiting how best to post Letters to the Editor. In the past we feel that certain groups have tried to “hijack” our blog to share their opinions. We currently carefully review and decide – at our discretion – which letters to post.
- If you’ve found or lost a pet, please email text about the animal (where lost or found, detailed description, etc.) – along with a photo if possible – to email@example.com.
- If you have any photos for us (we LOVE great Reader photos – check out these samples), please email them as a minimum 1200-pixel wide, higher-resolution .JPEG to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FOR NON-PROFITS: We do not charge to post for local non-profits (churches, charitable organizations, etc.) – just email your blurb (as plain text), including WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and WHY to email@example.com. Please be sure to include a photo or logo.
- FOR BUSINESSES: For non-Advertisers, we charge $40 for Press Releases and Event Listings, which appear in our regular, main content section as a “Sponsored Post” (events also appear in our Event Calendar). Email your text (and attach photos/posters/etc.) if you’d like it posted, and we will then email you an Invoice.
HOW TO REPAY US FOR HELPING YOU:
- Mention us to others who might enjoy our services.
- “Like” and/or Rate us 5 stars on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/btownblog
- Be nice! Mean people suck. We’re humans with feelings too…a small Mom & Pop/family biz in fact!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at (206) 248-2565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we receive a LOT of emails everyday; if we don’t respond right away it’s not that we’re ignoring you – it’s more likely that we’ve overlooked it!
THANKS for your consideration!