- This event has passed.
Burien City Council regular meeting
January 23 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
On the agenda for Monday night’s (Jan. 23, 2023) Burien City Council regular meeting: Community Response Team presentation, Advancing Racial Equity Program briefing, sufficient school recess advocacy, and more.
Download the full agenda packet here.
Here are some highlights of the agenda:
- PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS
- Introduction of Community Response Team (CRT) – Co Response with Police: Police Chief Ted Boe
- COUNCIL REPORTS
- CITY MANAGER’S REPORT: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager
- Advancing Racial Equity Program Briefing: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager;
Carolyn Hope, PaRCS Director; Cathy Schrock, Administrative Services Director
- Authorization of Staff to Advocate for SB-5257, Ensuring Elementary School Students Receive Sufficient Daily Recess: Carolyn Hope, PaRCS Director
- Levy Lid Lift Committee Update: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager
- Introduction to Ordinance No. 768, Amending BMC Chapter 2.35: Garmon Newsom II, City Attorney
- Introduction to Ordinance No. 762, Amending BMC 1.15.120(5) – Transfer of Ownership: Garmon Newsom II, City Attorney
- City Council Planning Calendar: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager
More info here: https://burienwa.civicweb.net/portal/