- This event has passed.
On agenda for Monday night’s Burien City Council: Police Chief presentation, BEDP appointments, Planning Commission Chair, revenue options & more
April 17 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
On the agenda for Monday night’s (April 17, 2023) regular Burien City Council Regular Meeting: proclamations, a presentation from Police Chief Boe, BEDP appointments, Planning Commission Chair revenue options & more.
The meeting will start at 7 p.m., and can be viewed in-person at Burien City Hall, on Comcast TV channel 21, via Zoom here, or online here.
Download the full agenda packet here.
Agenda highlights include:
PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS:
- a) Mental Health Awareness Month Proclamation: Deputy Mayor Kevin Schilling
- b) Jewish American Heritage Month Proclamation: Councilmember Sarah Moore
- c) Hot Blocks Presentation: Police Chief Ted Boe, Jamie Argueta, Crime Analyst
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
Notice to all participants: Pursuant to RCW 42.17A.555, campaigning for any ballot measure or candidate in City Hall and/or during any portion of the Council Meeting – including the public comment period – is prohibited
- a) Appointment of Six Candidates to the Business and Economic Development Partnership (BEDP): Jen Ivins, Deputy City Clerk
- b) Potential Revenue Options Adolfo Bailon, City Manager: Eric Christensen, Finance Director Matthew Hobson, FCS Group
- c) Summer Youth Camps: Carolyn Hope, PaRCS Director, Casey Stanley, Deputy PaRCS Director
- d) Attorney General Opioid Settlement: Garmon Newsom II, City Attorney
- e) Planning Commission Chair Charles Schaefer: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager
- f) City Council Planning Calendar: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager
#BurienCityCouncil meeting, 4/17, 7 p.m. Agenda: proclamations, @BurienPD "hot blocks" program, BEDP, city revenue, summer youth camps, opioid settlement, Planning Commission Chair, and more https://t.co/wlevutFL6T Interpretación en español estará disponible. pic.twitter.com/ikrIQ0Bv84— City of Burien, WA (@Burien) April 14, 2023