- This event has passed.
Volunteers, filmmakers invited to BUFO potluck on Saturday, May 27 at 4 p.m.
May 27 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Another BUFO Film Festival Potluck event will be held on Saturday, May 27, 2023 starting at 4 p.m. at the historic Forest Ledge mansion in Seahurst (map below).
This free, open event is intended to help possible filmmakers with their entries into the upcoming Burien UFO Film Festival, as well as give updates and brainstorm on the event with volunteers.
Special guest Steve Olsen will play guitar.
All are invited to come chat about ideas for the Aug. 4, 2023 event while eating good food, drinking good wine, all in a relaxed, historic setting.
To RSVP, please email Shelli Park at [email protected] or call John White at 206-485-7030.
BUFO Film Contest Rules
- Deadline to enter is July 15, 2023 at midnight.
- Film length limited to 5 – 7 minutes.
- Highlight at least one of the 18 Burien neighborhoods by showing their crest or logo.
- Theme is The Maury Island Incident. This means filmmakers must include any aspect of the historic 1947 UFO sighting known as “The Maury Island Incident.”
- Filmmakers are not limited to the content in the short film called “The Maury Island Incident.” Content can be from any book, news story, internet source or article with info on the Maury Island Incident.
- Example sources, besides Burien/Des Moines filmed “The Maury Island Incident”, written by Steve Edmiston, are the book by Kenneth Arnold called “Coming of the Saucers” or Charlette LeFevere’s book titled “Maury Island UFO Incident.” There is a new, updated version of the book called “Coming of the Saucers” republished by Shanelle Schanz, Kenneth Arnold’s granddaughter. It’s called “The Coming of the Saucers” republished by Shanelle Schanz. Only on Amazon.
- Also, Scott Schaefer of The B-Town Blog and Director/Producer of “The Maury Island Incident” film has offered clips from the short film to all movie contestants. Once entered, entrants will be provided a link and passcode to download the full film to use clips from as they see fit.
- First Prize: $5,000
- 2nd Place: $1,000
- 3rd place: $500
Forest Ledge Location
Forest Ledge is located at 14645 25th SW, but do not Google the address or you will get lost- just find “Eagle Landing Park” – as the home shares the same driveway: