On the agenda for tonight’s Burien City Council meeting: a reception for ‘Citizen of the Year’ Cyndi Upthegrove, presentations of the 2018 Police Services Annual Report by Chief Ted Boe, an additional Memorial Wall at the Sunnydale School Memorial Plaza, and much more.
The meeting starts at 7 p.m., with an Executive Session at 6 p.m.
Download the full agenda packet here (PDF file).
SPECIAL MEETING AT 6:00 PM:
- 6:00 p.m.: To Hold an Executive Session to Consider the Minimum Price at which Real Estate will be Offered for Sale or Lease RCW 42.30.110(1)(c).
- 6:30 p.m.: To Hold a Reception Honoring Citizen of the Year Cynthia Upthegrove
PRESENTATIONS AND/OR PROCLAMATIONS:
- Proclamation Proclaiming April 2019 as Sexual Assault Awareness Month in the City of Burien.(Nancy Tosta, Councilmember / Rebecca Drew, KCSARC)
- Proclamation Naming April 19, 2019, as City of Burien Arbor Day. (Jimmy Matta, Mayor / Steve Roemer, PaRCS Director)
- Presentation on an Additional Memorial Wall at the Sunnydale School Memorial Plaza by the Des Moines Memorial Drive Preservation Association. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager / Rose Clark)
- Presentation of the 2018 Police Services Annual Report. (Ted Boe, Police Chief)
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT ON EMERGING ISSUES:
- Introduction of New Employees: Rio Fernandes, Communications Intern; Connie Roberts, Human Resources Technician; Nic Everson, Engineering Inspector; Brian Tornow, Engineering Inspector; and, Chris Craig, Interim Economic Development Manager. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- Introduction and Discussion Summarizing General Fund Forecast for New Alternative Scenario. (Eric Christensen, Finance Director – Council direction on 3/25/19)
- Discussion on Resolution No. 410, Establishing the 2019 Comprehensive Plan Amendment Docket. (Thara Johnson, Senior Planner – Community Development)
- Discussion and Approval of Options to Enhance the Boards and Commissions Selection Process. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager / Steve Roemer, PaRCS Director)
- Review of the Council Proposed Agenda Schedule. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- Application Process for the Citizen StART Representative (Closes April 8, 2019). (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)