Expect updates on the controversial Westmark Emerald Pointe construction, the city’s Business & Economic Development Partnership, budget, housing & more at Monday night’s Burien City Council meeting.
Download the full agenda packet here (PDF file).
The open meeting starts at 7 p.m. at City Hall, located at 400 SW 152nd Street.
Here’s the agenda:
PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS:
- Presentation on the Highline Medical Center Update by Russell Woolley, Chief Operating Officer, CHI Franciscan-Highline Medical Center. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager / Russell Woolley, Chief Operating Officer)
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT ON EMERGING ISSUES:
- Presentation on the Westmark/Emerald Pointe Project (Susan McLain, Community Development Director & Lisa Marshall, City Attorney)
- Applicant to the Business & Economic Development Partnership (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- Applicant to the Parks & Recreation Board (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager) Motion to Appoint Voting Delegate to the National League of Cities (NLC) Annual Business Meeting on November 23, 2019 (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- 2019-2020 Mid-Biennium Budget Review and Adjustment (Eric Christensen, Finance Director) Continued Presentation & Discussion
- Affordable Housing Demonstration Program (Thara Johnson, Senior Planner) Discussion
- Proposed Assessment Regarding Usability and Functionality of the Annex Building (425 SW 144th St.) (Casey Stanley, PaRCS Interim Director – Council direction on 8/5/19)
- 2020 State and Federal Legislative Priorities for the City of Burien (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager) Discussion and Potential Action
- Council representative at the Sound Cities Association (SCA) meeting regarding a King County Regional Homelessness Authority (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- Council Proposed Agenda Schedule (and Proposed Council Agenda Planning Calendar replacement) (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager) Discussion and Review