This weekend, the Burien Youth Council will be holding a general goods drive – partnering with Antifa Equity Outreach and the White Center Food Bank – to bring goods to the most vulnerable community members.
The drive will be held at the Highline Heritage Museum this Friday, Dec. 18 from 3–5 p.m., and again on both Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Here’s more from the Youth Council:
A call for donation to support houseless folx in and around our community
In response to recent houseless sweeps and in the wake of a worsening pandemic, we will be partnering with both Antifa Equity Outreach and White Center Food Bank to get necessary clothing, food, and general goods to our most vulnerable community members. No one should be forced out of shelter or existing in the middle of a pandemic without food security. Unfortunately, that is not the case. But, in these cases, we can call on community to help.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
MASKS ARE REQUIRED:
- Items must be placed in garbage bags or storage containers/bins that can also be donated
- We will have some boxes for canned foods, but please try and bring your own
- If you or anyone in your household has been exposed or is showing symptoms, please stay home.
- We will have links to the organizations we are partnering with so you can donate at a later time.
- Please maintain social distancing guidelines while dropping off.
What You Can Contribute
*If something is not on this list, we most likely just didn’t think of it and you should bring it anyways!
- Canned/Non-perishable Foods
- Ready To Eat Food
- Feminine Supplies
- Warm Clothes (Primarily Adult Sizes)
- Shoes (Size 11+)
- Sleeping Bags
- Outdoor Supplies
- N95 Masks
- Clothing Racks
- Storage Bins
More info here:
Highline Heritage Museum is located at 819 SW 152nd Street: