- This event has passed.
Volunteers needed to help restore Walker Preserve on Saturday, May 20
May 20 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Volunteers are needed to join your Miller-Walker Basin Steward, City of Normandy Park staff, and local community on Saturday, May 20, 2023 to remove ivy and make your local trails and creeks better for people, fish, and wildlife.
This event will run from 9:30 a.m. – Noon at the Walker Preserve Trailhead.
No experience is necessary, and gloves and tools are provided.
Please sign up below:
- WHEN: Saturday, May 20, 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- WHERE: Meet at the Walker Preserve Trailhead at Southwest 168th St & 2nd Ave Southwest, Normandy Park, Washington 98166 (click for map).
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Please plan ahead – Walker Preserve does not have a restroom.
What to Bring:
- Gardening gloves/work gloves (we will have some available to borrow)
- Closed-toe shoes are required! (ex: sturdy sneakers, rain boots, hiking boots. No sandals, heels, or flats)
- Layers of clothing that can get dirty
- Long sleeves and thick leg coverings to protect against thorny plants (shorts or capris are not recommended)
- Rain gear -OR- sunblock and a sun hat (be sure to check the weather)
- Full water bottle
COVID-19 Considerations & Protocols:
- We want to keep everyone safe. Please do not sign up or attend the event if you have been experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of smell or taste or if anyone in your household suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19.
- We ask volunteers to bring their own gardening/work gloves if possible.
- We will have a hand sanitizing station on site.
Sign up here:
Bookmark the Miller-Walker volunteer website to check back for updates.
This project is a joint effort of the City of Normandy Park, the City of Burien, the City of SeaTac, King County, the Port of Seattle, and the Miller and Walker Creeks Stewardship program.