- This event has passed.
Walk Burien’s Seahurst neighborhood with WABI Weekday Walkers on Wednesday, April 19
April 19 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
From our friends at WABI Burien:
All are invited to join WABI Weekday Walkers to explore Burien’s Seahurst neighborhood on Wednesday, Apr 19, 2023, starting at 9 a.m.
Our route will start and end at Lake Burien School Memorial Park. The park was built in 1994 on the former site of the historic Lake Burien Elementary School, the first school building in Seahurst. Today the neighborhood park boasts an open lawn area, tennis courts, walking trail, playground, and restrooms. In addition, the park is the site of weekly outdoor concerts during summer months.
You can read about the interesting history of Lake Burien School Memorial Park on the Burien government website.
The walk about 1.5-2 miles and will take less than an hour. All are welcome. The entire walk is on paved streets and is mostly flat.
- Date: WEDNESDAY, April 19, 2023
- Time: Meet 5-10 minutes before 9 a.m. so we can start walking promptly at 9 a.m.
- Meeting Place: Lake Burien School Memorial Park, 1620 SW 149th St, Burien, WA 98166 (map below).
For questions, comments and suggestions, please contact:
- Audrey Lipps at [email protected]
- Maureen Hoffmann at [email protected]