Three residents escaped a house fire in Burien on 24th Ave S. near S. 126th Street Wednesday morning, Jan. 8, 2020.

Firefighters say that the initial report was for a single story residence with dark smoke coming from the windows and eaves.

“En route we received reports there were occupants in the home that either refused to evacuate or could not evacuate, so the response was upgraded to include additional units and medic,” Burien/Normandy Park Fire Chief Mike Marrs told The B-Town Blog.

The three occupants of the home were not injured.

The fire was caused by faulty wiring and clothes placed on top of a hot water heater.

The blaze caused damage to the home’s electrical wiring, which required Seattle City Light to cut power to the structure.

No firefighters were injured.

Red Cross was requested to assist the occupants.

Avatar photo

Scott Schaefer

Founder/Publisher/Editor. Three-time National Emmy Award winning Writer (“Bill Nye the Science Guy”), Director, Producer, Journalist and more...