From our friends at the Highline Schools Foundation:
Do you work with or for a person who has made a significant contribution in our schools?
The Gold Star Awards are prestigious honors in our school community, recognizing Highline Public Schools best and brightest Teachers, Volunteers, Alumni, Staff and Administrators. These awards provide our community the opportunity to honor those in our schools and district who have shown outstanding support of students and education and who give all of us inspiration and direction. We rely on the entire community to bring forward the names of those to be considered for these awards through the Gold Star Award Nomination process. Each nominee will receive a certificate of nomination and recognition at the Gold Star BASH on March 10, 2020. Each winner will receive a $500 cash prize and recognition at the Gold Star Fundraising Breakfast on April 17, 2020.
Deadline: February 12, 2020
- Outstanding Teacher – recognizes an individual who demonstrates exemplary work performance, outstanding teaching abilities, and a positive impact on our diverse student population
- Outstanding Rookie Teacher – recognizes and individual who demonstrates exemplary work experience with total teaching experience of three years or less
- Outstanding Staff (Professional) – recognizes an individual who has established an extraordinary record of work performance, outstanding service to Highline Public Schools and special achievements or contributions to the district
- Outstanding Staff (Classified) – recognizes an individual who has established an extraordinary record of work performance, outstanding service to Highline Public Schools and special achievements or contributions to the district
- Outstanding Volunteer – recognizes the outstanding work being done by parents, grandparents, friends and community members in support of Highline Public Schools
- Outstanding Administrator – recognizes an individual who demonstrates exemplary work performance, outstanding leadership abilities, cooperative spirit, and a positive impact on our diverse student population
- Outstanding Alumnus – recognizes an individual who graduated from one of our high schools in Highline Public Schools and has gone on to serve the community in extraordinary ways
For Outstanding Teacher
The Gold Star Outstanding Teacher will also represent the District as its Teacher of the Year in the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction sponsored regional contest. OSPI requires more information from those nominating a Teacher of the Year. While explaining why you are nominating this person, please address as much of the following criteria as possible:
- Personal effectiveness
- Community involvement
- History of professional development
- Philosophy on education and education reform
- Commitment to education
- Strong interest in students’ education
- Achievements and recognitions
- Effectiveness in working with diverse ethnicities
For Outstanding Administrator, Staff, Volunteer and Alumnus
Please include detailed information about why you are nominating this person, including specific examples of the nominee’s outstanding work.
Gold Star Rookie Teacher of the Year
This award recognizes a teacher in Highline Public Schools with 3 or less years of total teaching experience in Highline or any other district, and who demonstrates outstanding abilities in their field early in their career.