Over the past two weeks, more than 1,080 votes were securely recorded to reveal the 2020 winners of Discover Burien’s ‘Best of Burien’ 2020 Awards – and now the wait is over.
Discover Burien on Monday Feb. 24 revealed the winners in the categories of Educator of the Year, Best Bloody Mary, Volunteer of the Year, Business Leader of the Year, Public Servant of the Year, Employer of the Year, Best Customer Service, Best Restaurant, and the Jeff Kearney Award.
Best of Burien 2020 Winners:
- Educator of the Year – Sara Ullmer, Highline High School
- Best Bloody Mary – The Point
- Volunteer of the Year – Jean Boyd
- Business Leader of the Year – Danny House, The Tin Room Bar & Theatre, Burien Pizzeria (co-owner), Dan the Sausage Man
- Public Servant of the Year – Burien Police Officer Mark Hayden
- Employer of the Year – The Point
- Best Customer Service – Frankie’s B-Town Bistro
- Best Restaurant – Frankie’s B-Town Bistro
- Jeff Kearney Award – Doug Query, Team Clean Sweep
AWARDS PRESENTED FRIDAY, MARCH 6
Discover Burien will present the honorees with their plaques during the Best of Burien Awards, Dinner & Auction on Friday, March 6, 2020 at the Burien Community Center (14700 6th Ave SW).
- Single tickets are $40 for Discover Burien members or $50 for non-members.
- For tables of eight, prices are $280 for members or $320 for non-members.
- Please purchase your tickets online via discoverburien.org/best-of-burien.
- Member and non-member rates are available.
- Proceeds from the event support Discover Burien, a nonprofit service organization dedicated to economic development and community engagement in Burien.
At the end of the nominations timeline, finalists were chosen for the final public vote. A link for the final vote was provided via Discover Burien’s website, mailing list and social media. Discover Burien invited the community to help recognize deserving individuals and businesses by participating once per day per valid IP address