Pre-COVID, Bloodworks Northwest had anywhere between 25-30 daily blood drives, but now they only have 3-8 Pop-Ups daily, making every single appointment even more critical to fill.
Donate blood and you can also be entered to win a new car!
“We need local communities’ support to get the word out and fill up every single life-saving appointment,” organizers said.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the region in different ways, and the safety and health of our community is Bloodworks immediate priority.
- The need for blood in our community is rising and to meet that challenge, Bloodworks needs all donors to step up.
- So pre-book your next several donations now to make sure patients get the fighting chance they deserve.
- All types are urgently needed, but Type O is especially in demand.
POP-UP DONOR CENTER @ BURIEN
THE CHURCH OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS, 14022 AMBAUM BLVD. SW (MAP BELOW)
JAN. 21-23, 2021
Donating blood is an act that brings people and communities together. It is a powerful way to make a difference. It’s the time of year when local blood supplies are dipping due to high patient demand and inclement weather. Start your year off right by giving at this Pop-Up Donor Center.
January is National Blood Donor Month, so what better time to make a donation and impact someone’s life than now?
- use sponsor code 3955
As a bonus, in partnership with Haselwood Auto Group, Bloodworks Northwest is giving away a car…again! Donate between 12/28 and 3/17 for a chance to win one of nine pre-selected automobiles! Check out the terms and conditions at bloodworksnw.org/winacar.
Your one-hour donation appointment is a safe action to support local hospitals and patients. Pop-Up Donor Centers are being conducted in accordance with social distancing guidelines. No walk-ins, guests, or people under age 16 are permitted onsite. Donors are asked to bring a mask/face covering to your donation and appointments are required. To make your appointment, visit the above link or call 800-398-7888.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
If you are healthy and able, donate blood – visit bloodworksnw.org to find a donation appointment near you.
Encourage friends, family and community to donate – Donating blood is a safe activity, and eligible donors are encouraged step up. Our community needs 1,000 donors every day to support patients receiving trauma care, undergoing surgeries, cancer treatment, organ transplants, plus new moms and neonatal care.
Post a message on social media – Educate your community on this critical need, and if you are a member of a community or neighborhood group, please inform them as well.
Host a blood drive – Due to social distancing, Bloodworks is no longer doing one-time only blood drives. Instead, virtual blood drive challenges at our donor centers and innovative “Pop-Up Donor Centers” are multi-week drives in spacious temporary venues and area businesses, which are providing the opportunity for hundreds of appointments per day. We need public, convenient places for people to donate or we risk running out of blood.
“Now more than ever, the act of donating blood is a way for people to care for their families, friends, coworkers, and neighbors. When it comes to a safe and resilient blood supply, let’s be the community that leads the nation.”
-Curt Bailey, Bloodworks Northwest President & CEO
REV IT UP Sweepstakes
Double Entries Days: Donate 12/28 – 1/2 to receive TWO entries to win a new car!
Introducing the 2021 Bloodworks Rev it Up Sweepstakes, back by popular demand and better (and greener!) than ever!
Bloodworks Northwest has partnered with Haselwood Auto Group for the ultimate giveaway to reward the heroes in our community who choose to save a life by donating blood.
Haselwood Auto Group, and its dealerships are sponsoring a chance for one lucky blood donor to win a BRAND NEW CAR when they donate blood with Bloodworks. And not just any car – the winner will have their choice of car among nine(9) pre-selected new vehicles in the Haselwood Auto Group inventory. This year we’ve got a Jeep for the adventurer, not one but TWO hybrids for the ecologically- minded, and a Mazda for the sportier types. Full list of cars to be announced!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Every time you donate blood with Bloodworks, December 28, 2020 through March 17, 2021 you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win.
BONUS! Be on the lookout for special double entry day announcements!
It’s that simple! You can even ask last year’s winner Tom from Bellingham:
- The need for blood doesn’t stop. 1,000 donors are needed every day to provide safe and reliable blood to our local hospitals. Be one. Book an appointment to donate blood at bloodworksnw.org
- Patients need blood now more than ever. Learn about how you can donate blood and where at bloodworksnw.org
- The need is now. Patients in our community need blood today. Book your one hour appointment at bloodworksnw.org.
- Donating blood is a safe and essential action you can take support people who’ve been patiently awaiting their turn for the surgeries and treatments delayed during the pandemic. Let’s support our local hospitals and patients by donating blood. Bloodworks has information about how to donate and where at bloodworksnw.org
- Bloodworks is looking for regular and new donors as humble heroes to save lives and to help in COVID recovery. Please learn how and where you can donate at bloodworksnw.org