On the agenda for Monday night’s (Feb. 24) Burien City Council Study Session: a public hearing – and possible decision – on Enhanced Service Facilities (ESFs), reports from the Human Services Commission and Business and Economic Development Partnership, Human Services Fund recommendations, fee study, and more.
At 6:30 p.m. (or “as soon thereafter”), Council will also “receive public comment regarding adoption of Ordinance No. 729, renewing a moratorium on the filing of applications for licenses, permits, and approvals for any Enhanced Services Facility or Comparable Business in the City.”
Here’s the full language of the agenda bill for Ordinance No. 729:
“The City Council is considering renewing the moratorium originally adopted on March 4, 2019, and renewed the first time on August 19, 2019. This mortarium prohibits the filing of applications for licenses, permits, and approvals for any Enhanced Services Facility (“ESF”) or comparable business within the City of Burien. The purpose of the initial moratorium was to provide time for the Planning Commission to work in consultation with staff to review and prepare recommendations to City Council regarding zoning regulations for ESFs. Planning Commission completed their work and staff presented the Planning Commission’s recommendation to City Council at the February 3, 2020 meeting. Council must now decide whether to renew the moratorium for a second time in order to have time to consider the Planning Commission’s recommendations as well as the potential changes to RCW 70.97 (the statute governing ESFs) recently proposed by the State legislature.”
Download the full agenda packet here (PDF file).
Here’s the agenda:
PRESENTATIONS OR DISCUSSIONS ON TOPICS THAT ARE THE FOCUS OF THE STUDY SESSION:
- Business and Economic Development Partnership 2019 Annual Report & 2020 Work Plan (Chris Craig, Economic Development Manager)
- Human Services Commission Annual Report & Commission Recommended Funding Priorities (Colleen Brandt-Schluter, Human Services Manager)
- FCS Fee Study for the Community Development, Parks, and Public Works Departments (Eric Christensen, Finance Director)
CITY OF BURIEN
COUNCIL SPECIAL MEETING NOTICE
Purusant to RCW 42.30.080, notice is hereby given to all interested parties that the Burien City Council will hold a Special Meeting at Burien City Hall, 400 SW 152nd Street on February 24, 2020, beginning at 6:30 p.m. for the following purposes:
1. Hold an Executive Session (30 minutes):
- to discuss Pending Litigation per RCW 42.30.110(1)(i)
2. Hold a Public Hearing (30 minutes) to receive public comment regarding adoption of Ordinance No. 729, Renewing a moratorium on the filing of applications for licenses, permits, and approvals for any Enhanced Services Facility or Comparable Business in the City – beginning at approximately 7:00 p.m. or as soon there after as called by Council.
3. Hold a Study Session – beginning at approximately 7:30 p.m. or as soon thereafter as called by Council.