The Burien City Council will be holding a Public Hearing on the proposed Downtown Emergency Service Center (DESC) Affordable Housing Development Project on Monday night, June 14, 2021.
The city says that staff will present info at the beginning of the meeting, and the remainder will be held for questions and comments.
UPDATE: The council will NOT vote on approving or denying DESC to the Affordable Housing Demonstration Program (direct link to Ordinance 718 is here) at this hearing; that will be done at the next meeting on Monday, June 21, 2021.
Download the full agenda packet here (PDF file).
Downtown Emergency Service Center (DESC) Affordable Housing Development Project (David Johanson, Senior Planner & Susan McLain, Community Development Director)
- Video: https://youtu.be/ZYzuiKUvd24 – Event on Permanent Supportive Housing Sponsored by Housing Development Consortium (June 8, 2021)
- Video: https://vimeo.com/528164193/28492ac5f1 – Meeting with Discover Burien and Seattle Southside Chamber of Commerce (March 23, 2021)
- • https://bit.ly/3vaLc43 – Meeting Breakout Session (March 23, 2021)
- Video: https://youtu.be/DxgVvLrtRWs – Burien Neighborhood Informational Meeting (February 23, 2021)
- Burien DESC Affordable Housing Demonstration Project Fact Sheet
- FAQs from DESC (English)
- FAQs from DESC (Espanol)
- DESC Proposed Elevations
- Burien Neighborhood Notification Letter
- DESC Burien Supportive Housing FAQs – March 2020
- Burien Q&A – May 2021
- DESC Burien Neighborhood Outreach Report
If you would like to provide testimony at this public hearing, please complete this comment form by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, June 14, 2021, so we may know to call on you. Alternatively, you can type your testimony into the form if you prefer the Clerk to read it aloud at the meeting.
Other ways to provide testimony at this public hearing:
Read our extensive coverage of the DESC issue here.
Reminder! June 14, 6-9 pm. #BurienCityCouncil will hold a public hearing on a proposed supportive housing project from @DESCSeattle. City staff will present info at the beginning and the remainder of the hearing will be held for questions and comments. https://t.co/6WKgY6g2uM pic.twitter.com/wTcxROKrE9
— City of Burien, WA (@Burien) June 11, 2021