Hospitality House’s annual ‘Walk for the Women’ fundraiser walk will take place in Downtown Burien on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023, and YOU can help!
Hospitality House first opened in Burien. in October, 2000, and provides “home, health and hope to women experiencing homelessness.” People from the community came together with the help of 12 churches in the area to establish this single homeless women’s shelter at Lake Burien Presbyterian Church. Hospitality House’s 90-day program lays the foundation for empowerment and success for a better future.
By registering for this walk, you’ll help local women in need.
“Without your year-round support, we can’t stand to think of basics our residents might have to go without,” organizers said. “Can you imagine not having a supply of toilet paper at home? New underwear? A charger for your work phone, the right products for your hair? All of these and so much more are provided by you, caring community members who strive to make life just a bit easier for our residents-and we can’t say thank you enough!”
About Hospitality House
A Home for a Time….
Stop by Hospitality House on any given day and you’ll experience a warm, welcoming place where residents go about daily life, freely, easily. Here, a resident presses an outfit for work tomorrow. There, several others gather for popcorn and a movie. Across the hall, a resident emails a friend or puts the finishing touches on her resume. Just like home….
- A dormitory for nine women
- Great Room with kitchen, dining and living areas
- Bathrooms with showers, soaps and shampoos
- Home-cooked dinners catered each evening by volunteer meal providers; a refrigerator stocked with the makings for healthy breakfasts and lunches
- A safe, relaxed place to call home for up to three months
- WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023, starting at 10 a.m.
- WHERE: Merrill Gardens @ SW 151st Street & 5th Ave SW (map below).
- Wear green so everyone knows you’re with Hospitality House! This event will take place rain or shine, so be sure to dress weather appropriate and stay comfortable.
- Well behaved pets are welcome! We’d love you to bring your furry friend on a leash, and we’ll have water for them along the way.
- Refreshments will be offered at the midpoint to keep you hydrated and energized, but of course we encourage you to bring your own reusable water bottle.
- Can’t make it to the walk? Walk from home and share why YOU walk on social media! Don’t forget to tag us!
Be A Sponsor
Sponsorships are still available!
- WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023 @ 10:00 AM
- WHERE: Merrill Gardens, located at SW 151st Street & 5th Ave SW:
EDITOR’S NOTE: Since South King Media’s creation in 2007, we have provided tens of thousands of dollars worth of FREE promotional and marketing services to local nonprofits and organizations. If you’re part of a local nonprofit and have a fundraiser event or other news you’d like to share, please email details to [email protected]. Thanks!