JOB: The Seattle Southside Chamber of Commerce is looking to hire a Membership & Business Outreach Manager:
The Seattle Southside Chamber of Commerce is a private, not-for-profit, membership-driven organization comprised of regional business enterprises, civic organizations, education institutions, and nonprofit organizations. Our mission is to be a leader in Southwest King County as a regional voice and resource for building business success in our community.
This role serves as the primary contact for Chamber membership support and new member prospecting and onboarding. Additionally, this position will manage the Chamber’s business outreach service contracts, providing direct support and assistance to local businesses. The right candidate will be proactive, detail oriented, and have capacity and enthusiasm for engagement with Chamber members and community. Leadership, time/project management, and commitment to the Chamber culture of service and community is a must.
- Full-time, Exempt
- Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected]
- Develop strong knowledge of core programs, operations, and member benefits
- Act as primary contact for existing member inquiries; assist members with updating their website listing, maximizing their membership benefits, and provide referrals for business assistance as needed and appropriate
- Develop and implement an annual membership plan for retaining and engaging existing members
- Assist new members with Chamber benefits orientation and completing member website listings
- Utilize CRM system to keep accurate and timely records of members, track metrics and appointments, and preparereports as needed for grants and contracts.
- Manage annual membership dues renewal process in coordination with the Executive Team
- Actively prospect and recruit new members
- Schedule and attend member service, outreach, and technical assistance appointments
- Coordinate and produce Technical Assistance Open House events and manage associated program contract deliverables
- Manage and execute deliverables for Technical Assistance and business outreach service contracts at direction of President/CEO
- Represent Chamber at corporate and community events
- Coordinate and produce Morning Buzz virtual member events
- Oversee Ambassador committee, work with committee members to produce annual committee work plan, coordinateAmbassador support for Chamber events, organize and participate in Ambassador business outreach events
- Support Executive Team in all events activities including representng the Chamber at corporate/community events;assisting with the preparation, coordinatoon, and on-site execution of chamber hosted events; and training volunteers in support roles, as needed
- Support Executive Team in marketing campaigns and materials, including newsletters, website, social media, blogplanning, content writing, proofreading, and event promotions.
Desired Qualifications and Accountabilities:
- Experience with membership organizaon structures and event coordinaon
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with sales and previous use of sales and markeng management tools, such as Salesforce, Pardot, Marketo, or ChamberMaster
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, project management, and priorizaon skills
- Strong wrien and oral communicaon skills
- Excellent customer service and ability to problem solve
- Ability to communicate internally with other employees and execuve leadership
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while delivering high-quality results
- Adaptability to meet the needs of evolving programs
- Passion for service and community engagement
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as desired.
- $65,000 – $75,000 DOE
- Health/Dentals, Paid Vacation, 13 Paid Holidays Per Year
The Seattle Southside Chamber is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of our organization, our staff are advocates and representatives for the organization. The Seattle Southside Chamber recognizes the value in our organization and its programs reflecting the diversity of the region’s community and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply, including those for which English is not their primary language; Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, and other People of Color; people with disabilities; and LGBTQIA+ individuals.
About the Chamber
The Seattle Southside Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit business organization that has served the communities of Burien, Des Moines, Normandy Park, SeaTac and Tukwila since 1988. The mission of the Chamber is to be a leader in Southwest King County and a regional voice and resource for building business success. The Chamber focuses on business advancement in the region by helping to build and maintain a strong economic environment. More info at https://www.seattlesouthsidechamber.com.