On the agenda for Monday night’s regular Burien City Council meeting: affordable housing strategies, rental housing policy, SCORE jail, recognition of Burien Police Sgt. Chad Myers, SoundRegion Vision 2050, and more.
The regular meeting will start at 7 p.m., with an Executive Session scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
Download the full agenda packet here (PDF file).
SPECIAL MEETING AT 6:30 PM:
- To Hold an Executive Session to Discuss Pending Litigation Pursuant to RCW 42.30.110(1)(i).
PRESENTATIONS AND/OR PROCLAMATIONS:
- Presentation on SCORE (South Correctional Entity). (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager / Devon Schrum, Executive Director at SCORE)
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT ON EMERGING ISSUES:
- Recognition of Burien Police Sergeant Chad Myers. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager / Ted Boe, Police Chief)
- Update on Mercado. (Chris Craig, Economic Development Manager)
- Update on the Bid Award for the Peter Western Bridge Construction. (Maiya Andrews, Public Works Director)
- Update by the Burien Fire Department. (Mike Marrs, Fire Chief)
- Continued Discussion on Rental Housing Policies. (Lisa Marshall, City Attorney)
- Discussion on Short-Term and Long-Term strategies for Affordable Housing.(Brian J. Wilson, City Manager / Thara Johnson, Senior Planner / Colleen Brandt- Schluter, Human Services Manager)
- Discussion on the Puget Sound Regional Council (PSRC) Vision 2050 Plan.Â (Thara Johnson, Senior Planner)
- Discussion on Sound Cities Association (SCA) Public Issues Committee (PIC).Â (Austin Bell, Deputy Mayor / Nancy Tosta, Councilmember)
- Review of the Council Proposed Agenda Schedule. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
Burien City Hall is located st 400 SW 152nd Street: