On the agenda for Monday night’s regular Burien City Council meeting: flood damage prevention, budgeting for 2020, annex demolition costs, police study task force and more.
Download the full agenda/packet here (PDF file).
If you would like to provide public comment, you are asked to please fill out a public comment form by 5:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting, so organizers may know to call on you. Alternatively, you can type your comment into the form, if you would prefer for the Clerk to read it aloud at the meeting.
Other ways to provide public comment:
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT ON EMERGING ISSUES:
- Benefits of Mask Wearing as Impact on COVID Transmission (Fire Chief Mike Marrs)
- Update on Burien Small Business Relief & Recovery Grants (Chris Craig, Economic Development Manager)
- Release of Statewide Crime Statistics (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- Introduction to Ordinance No. 741, Amending BMC 15.55 Flood Damage Prevention and Adoption of the Revised FIS and Revised FIRMs (Chad Tibbits, Planner)
- Introduction to Ordinance No. 742, Amending the 2019-2020 Biennial Budget to Adjust Revenues and Appropriate Expenditures for 2020 (Eric Christensen, Finance Director)
- Approval of Budget Adjustment for the Annex Demolition Project (Carolyn Hope, PaRCS Director)
- Ordinance No. 743, Creating a Police Study Task Force (Brian Wilson, City Manager / Garmon Newsom II, City Attorney)
- City Council Planning Calendar (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)