From our friends at the Highline Heritage Museum:
OUR VOICES: SOCIAL JUSTICE IN THE TIMES OF COVID-19
We are launching this multi-platform program that will weave together the experiences of impacted communities within the Highline community as a whole during this crisis.
Dealing with the unforeseen challenges, the COVID-19 pandemic has taken a significant toll on people all across the world.
The impact of this crisis has fallen particularly hard on vulnerable groups.
Each month we will presenting different programs including discussions, guest speakers, live performances and more.
- SEPTEMBER 2020: YOUR VOTE, YOUR VOICE! –Voter Suppression
- OCTOBER 2020: ESSENTIAL WORKERS – The Unsung Heroes
- NOVEMBER 2020: NATIVE COMMUNITIES – The Spirit & Strength
- DECEMBER 2020: IMMIGRATION – What Shaped America?
- JANUARY 2021: HUMAN TRAFFICKING – In our Backyard
- FEBRUARY 2021: BLACK LIVES MATTER – The Change
- MARCH 2021: STRONG WOMEN – Our Rights, Our Bodies
- APRIL 2021: CLIMATE CHANGE – Climate Justice
- MAY 2021: ASIAN AMERICAN – Confronting Racism
- JUNE 2021: GENDER & IDENTITY – Fighting Stigma
- JULY 2021: SOCIAL JUSTICE IN TEENS – Our Beloved Community
- AUGUST 2021: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE – Breaking the Chains
Stay tuned! Questions or want to participate? Email [email protected].