<![CDATA[ Discover Burien’s Annual Winterfest celebration takes place this Saturday, Dec. 6, from 10 a.m. â€“ 4 p.m. in Downtown and Olde Burien! Winterfest is a wonderful event that encourages community gathering in the spirit of the season. Shop your local retailers and enjoy festive treats and special holiday pricing. Participate in a scavenger hunt for a chance to win a shopping spree at local businesses. Visit participating businesses for a secret word and combine the words to form the correct sentence. Drop off your completed scavenger hunt form at theÂ black Discover Burien information tent to be entered in the shopping spree drawing. The map of the scavenger hunt locations, along with a guide to the festival can be found in Town Square at theÂ black information tent (SW 152nd Street and 5th Place SW). Take a load off weary feet with a free festive horse-and-carriage ride from Noon to 4 p.m. along SW 152nd Street between Olde Burien and Burien Town Square. Sponsors of the Winterfest event are Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Northwest Real Estate and the Discover Burien Association. Dr. Jim Coleman and El Dorado West are sponsoring the horse and carriage rides. Other activity sponsors include Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Northwest Real Estate, Collins Chiropractic, the Mark Restaurant & Bar, and Marvista Elementary School. Discover Burien is a nonprofit organization that works on the economic development, promotion and marketing of the city. Schedule of Events:
- 10 a.m.Â â€“ 3 p.m.:Â Moshier Holiday Pottery Sale:Â Moshier Community Art Center (430 S 156th) 10Â a.m. â€“Â 4 p.m.: Â Free SantaÂ Photos! – for the kids: Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Northwest (930 SW 152nd) -Â for the pups: The Mark Restaurant and Bar (918 SW 152nd)
- Noon â€“ 4 p.m.:Â Gift Wrapping:Â Courtesy of our members, Weed Warriors, bring you locally purchased gifts to theÂ Discover Burien office at 427 SW 152nd St and they will wrap your gifts for you for a donation to their organization.Â No donation is too small.
- 1 p.m.Â Sounds of the Season, performed by Marvista Elementary School Choir;Â performance takes place in Olde Burien
- 1Â â€“Â 4 p.m.: Free Horse and Carriage RidesÂ along SW 152nd, to and from Old Burien and Town SquareÂ (for more info, visit theÂ black information tent in Town Square)
- 10Â a.m. â€“Â 3 p.m.: Â Arts and Crafts for Kids:Â Collins Chiropractic (619 SW 152nd)