And the Nominees AreÂ â€¦Â Each year, the Highline Schools Foundation solicits nominations from community members, district employees and parents for its prestigious and much-anticipated Gold Star Awards. This yearâ€™s list of impressive and well-deserving nominees includes highly qualified staff, volunteers and administrators. TheÂ Gold Star Award WINNERSÂ will be announced live onÂ Thursday, March 19Â at the fourth annual Gold Star Awards BASH. This red-carpet style event (21 and over) features a night of music, drinks, appetizers, dancing and aÂ LIVEÂ announcement of the Gold Star Award winners. Tickets are still only $15!
WHAT: Â Gold Star Awards BASH! WHEN: Thursday, March 19, 2015, from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. WHERE: Technology Access Foundation (TAF) Headquarters, located at 605 SW 108th Street, Seattle TICKETS: Tickets available:Â www.highlineschoolsfoundation.org/events/gold-star-bashWhether you are supporting a specific nominee or just want to be in on the fun and be the first to hear who wins, this is the night to celebrate all the outstanding Teachers, Volunteers, Alumni, Staff and Administrators of Highline Public Schools! 2015 GOLD STAR AWARD NOMINEESGold Star Rookie Teacher of the Year This new award recognizes a teacher in Highline Public Schools with 3 or less years of total teaching experience in Highline or any other district, and who demonstrates outstanding abilities in their field early in their career:
- KatrynÂ Bangert, Teacher â€“ Grade 4, Bow Lake Elementary School
- ChrisÂ Brase, Teacher â€“ Grade 4, Marvista Elementary School
- KimberlyÂ Campi, Teacher â€“ Grade 2, McMicken Heights Elementary School
- MeganÂ Fleming, Teacher â€“ Challenge 4/5, Parkside Elementary School
- ElizabethÂ Gilbert, Teacher â€“ Special Ed/LRC, Hazel Valley Elementary School
- NathanielÂ Walker, Teacher â€“ Special Ed/EBC, Seahurst Elementary School
- AnneÂ Arnold, Director, PreK-3 Early Learning, Instruction & Innovation
- NicholeÂ Calkins, Physical Education & Health Instructional Specialist
- JacquelineÂ Downey, Assistant Principal, Highline High School
- JoanÂ Ferrigno, Assistant Principal, Chinook Middle School
- TerriÂ McMahan, Director of Athletics, Administration
- KellyÂ Raymond, Executive Director, Administration
- AlanÂ Spicciati, Chief Accountability Officer, Administration
- TomÂ English, Lead Custodian, Operations
- ThedaÂ Hiranaka, Attendance Secretary/Office Support, Raisbeck Aviation High School
- LyndaÂ Johanson, Community Engagement Specialist/Activities Coordinator, Chinook Middle School
- GailÂ Korakis, Office Manager, Academy of Citizenship & Empowerment (ACE)
- MaricelaÂ Sanchez, Bilingual Family Liaison, Highline High School
- ErmaÂ Sechrist, Executive Assistant, Human Resources
- NicoleÂ Williams, Paraeducator, Hazel Valley Elementary School
- BarbÂ Wilson, College Access Specialist, Student Advancement
- AaronÂ Aker, Teacher â€“ Grade 4, North Hill Elementary School
- GalinaÂ Asaturova, Teacher â€“ Math, Pacific Middle School
- JamesÂ Boutin, Teacher â€“ Language Arts/Social Studies, Academy of Citizenship & Empowerment (ACE)
- MatthewÂ Burman, Teacher â€“ ISS, Pacific Middle School
- KateÂ Cassidy, Teacher â€“ Language Arts, Pacific Middle School
- DawnÂ Claflin, Teacher â€“ LA/ELL, Highline High School
- MaryÂ Danforth, Teacher â€“ Special Education/Resource Room, North Hill Elementary School
- JenniferÂ Ferry, Librarian, Southern Heights Elementary School
- YazminÂ Gil, Teacher â€“ Kindergarten Dual Language, Hilltop Elementary School
- NicoleÂ Grambo, Teacher â€“ Grade 5 Dual Language/Journalism Club, Hilltop Elementary School
- CindyÂ Hamar, Teacher â€“ Language Arts/Social Studies and MYP Coordinator, Pacific Middle School
- SallyanneÂ Hendren, Librarian, Bow Lake Elementary School
- LishaÂ Johnson, Teacher â€“ Business Education, Highline High School
- JesseÂ Julius, Teacher â€“ Social Studies, Cascade Middle School
- MeganÂ Logan, Teacher â€“ 5th Grade Dual Language, Mount View Elementary School
- AleciaÂ Mabalay, Teacher â€“ Kindergarten, Parkside Elementary School
- MikeÂ McLeod, Teacher â€“ Grade 6, North Hill Elementary School
- GabeÂ Munoz, Teacher â€“ Grade 5/Journalism Club, Hilltop Elementary School
- CatherineÂ O’Dea, Teacher â€“ Special Education, Pacific Middle School
- JeanetteÂ Reed, Teacher â€“ Grade 5 Dual Language/Journalism Club, Hilltop Elementary School
- RyanÂ Reilly, Teacher â€“ Grade 3, White Center Heights Elementary School
- CatherineÂ Reinsel-Torres, Teacher â€“ ILC, North Hill Elementary School
- ColleenÂ Thomas-Reitsma, Teacher â€“ Music, North Hill Elementary School
- DeborahÂ Walls, Teacher â€“ Grade 1, Shorewood Elementary School
- CaitlinÂ Gribble, Marvista Elementary School
- KellyÂ Hovland, Highline High School
- JohnÂ Nelson, Community Volunteer
- WilliamÂ Tracy, Community Volunteer
- ShaneÂ Vancamp, Hilltop Elementary School
What a great list of outstanding educators.
Joan Ferrigno is fabulous. Totally concerned about the success of each individual student.
Lynda Johanson contributes more to her school than anyone I can imagine. She is superb.
Tom English makes ERAC the best place to work and hang out.
Good luck to all, and sincere congratulations to all!
Comments are closed.