On the agenda for Monday night’s regular Burien City Council meeting: City Manager’s update on issues with the unhoused camping outside City Hall, King County Regional Homelessness Authority (KCRHA) update, building code amendments, Rental Housing Inspection Program and more.
The meeting will start at 7 p.m., and can be viewed in person at Burien City Hall, via Zoom here, via Comcast TV Channel 21 or online here.
Download the full agenda/packet here.
PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS:
a) Special Proclamation to Honor 30 Years of Service Mayor Sofia Aragon
b) Sexual Assault Awareness Month Proclamation Councilmember Cydney Moore
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT:
- a) Update regarding Efforts to Address Unhoused Community at Burien Library/City Hall: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager
- a) Appointment of Six Candidates to the Burien Airport Committee: Jen Ivins, Deputy City Clerk.
- b) State Legislative Update: Garmon Newsom II, City Attorney Lyset Cadena, State Lobbyist.
- c) King County Regional Homelessness Authority (KCRHA) Update: Colleen Brandt-Schluter, Human Services Manager, Anne Burkland, KCRHA Chief of Staff, Abby Anderson, KCRHA South King County Sub-Regional Planning Specialist.
- d) Introduction to Ordinance No. 813, Station Area Overlay Zoning Code Amendment: Susan McLain, Community Development Director Amanda McIntire, Assistant Planner.
- e) Introduction to Ordinance No. 790, Building Code Amendments: Susan McLain, Community Development Director, oseph Stapleton, Building Official.
- f) Rental Housing Inspection Program (RHIP) Update: Garmon Newsom II, City Attorney, Manuela Ginnett, Rental Housing Inspection Coordinator.
- g) Code Enforcement Update: Garmon Newsom II, City Attorney, Michael Amaya, Code Enforcement Officer.
- h) City Council Planning Calendar: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager.