REMINDER: This Thursday morning, Oct. 22, 2020, from 9 – 11 a.m., the Port of Seattle and Washington State University will host a Clean Fuel Forum, focusing on:
- Latest industry developments related to low carbon fuel production and the impact on cost and the economy
- Washington policy outlook for incentives such as a low carbon fuel standard.
- New findings from Washington State University that there are sufficient waste sources in the Northwest (woody debris, municipal solid waste) and technology options for fuel manufacturers to prove enough sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) to meet the Port’s goal of blending at least 10 percent SAF into regular jet fuel.
- Guests include:
- July Fidler, Microsoft, Global Employee Experience Lead, Microsoft Travel Team
- Washington Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz
- Washington State Senator Rebecca Saldana
- Washington State Senator Liz Lovelett
- Washington State Representative Joe Fitzgibbon
- Port of Seattle Commissioner Fred Felleman
- Port of Seattle Commissioner Ryan Calkins
- ASCENT, the FAA Center of Excellence for Alternative Jet Fuels and Environment & Washington State University Regents Professor and Director Dr. Michael Wolcott
- Sierra Club President Ramon Cruz
- Industry representatives from National Biodeisel Board, Clean Fuels Washington, Fulcrum BioEnergy, and Gladstein Neandross & Associates
For more program information and to RSVP, click here.