The City of Burien announced this week that its Utility Tax Relief Program will offer rebates on certain utility taxes for eligible residents.
To qualify, community members must be a resident of Burien and have an annual income less than 50 percent of the Area Median Income.
The city said it will pay toward the following services:
- Solid waste removal provided by Recology Cleanscapes
- Electricity provided by Puget Sound Energy
- Telephone (including cellular)
- Basic cable television
Applications are due by Dec. 15, 2023.
Rebates will be issued by the end of February, 2024.
- Resident of Burien
- Annual income under 50 percent of the Area Median Income (AMI).
- See detailed guidelines for more information (Información en español)
There are two options for applying for the utility tax rebate. You will need proof of residency and income.
- Fill out application online. Note: you will need the ability to upload documents to the application. Please prepare ahead of time by either scanning or taking a photo of the required documents and uploading it to the computer or device you will be using the fill out the application.
- Print out application (English | Español). Visit Burien City Hall during normal business hours to fill out and submit the print application in person. You may also mail in your application.
Contact [email protected] or call the main line at (206) 241-4647 with questions about the program, including other language interpretation needs.