On Friday, Mar. 24, 2023, Storytellers gathered at the Highline Heritage Museum in Burien to share tales on the theme “Advice to My Younger Self.”
This is a monthly event held at the museum, where seven storytellers (sometimes more) get seven minutes each to tell a story on a theme.
- Eric Mathison: Eric has helped coordinate and promote 7 Stories. He told us how he met his wife, now we’ll hear his advice to himself.
- Gretchen Douma: Gretchen came to storytelling about a year and a half ago and absolutely fell in love with it. She is an actor, writer, and playwright who has told stories for Fresh Ground Stories, Risk!, The Moth, Ottawa Storytellers, Iridescent Robot, Unexpected Productions, and more. She lives in North Seattle with her wife and two miniature Australian Labradoodles.
- Michael Shilley: Michael was born in England but lived in the US for the past 55 years, many of his stories are from his life in England.
- Michael Lockhart: From engineer to storyteller, Michael shares his life’s important moments with us.
- Chris Spengler: Chris comes to us from the Seattle “Freshground Stories” group. Organizers heard her stories and asked her to please come to Burien – so, welcome Chris!
- Daniel Njuguna: Daniel considers himself a lifelong learner, we’re happy he’s here telling his second story with 7 Stories.
- Jeff Heiss: Jeff’s stories have run from childhood to adult challenges to a poignant time with his father. Now…his advice to his younger self?
- Gaylloyd Sisson: Gaylloyd is a published author and an enthusiastic world traveler. Read our feature story about him here.
Below is the edited video of this event (running time ~1-hour, 13-minutes):
About 7 Stories
The next 7 Stories event will be on Friday night, April 28, with the theme “It seemed like a good idea at the time.”
Other upcoming events:
- May 26, 7 – 8:30 p.m.: Disconnecting. Unplugging. Uncoupling.
- June 23, 7 – 8:30 p.m.: Crossroads. (U-turns, stories of changing your mind)
- July 28, 7 – 8:30 p.m.: Fish Out of Water / Square Peg in a Round Hole
- Aug. 25, 7 – 8:30 p.m.: Never in a Million Years!
- Sept. 22, 7 – 8:30 p.m.: Reinventing Yourself. (stories of transformation, change)
- Oct. 27, 7 – 8:30 p.m.: Things You Should Regret But Don’t / Craving (stories of desire)
To sign up fill out the form online or email [email protected].
To learn more, click here.