From our friends at WABI Burien:
WABI Burien Weekday Bikers will cycle along the eastern portion of the Cedar River Trail on Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2023.
We plan to meet a little before 10 a.m. at the Cedar River Trail parking area immediately across the street from Foley’s Produce stand (21419 Renton-Maple Valley Rd in Maple Valley; map below).
- Cycling east along the cascading Cedar River, we will pass through virgin forests showing their early autumn colors in the surrounding canopy.
- We cycle over 8 bridges including four paved historic railroad trestle bridges.
- At trail’s end, we will visit the Landsburg Fish Ladder to witness migrating salmon swimming upstream.
- The total distance is 11.3 miles on mixed hard-packed gravel and paved trail.
- Expected duration: 90-100 minutes.
All participants will need to bring their own bike, a bike safety helmet, and are expected to follow safety guidelines as outlined in the Ride Smart Biking tips. We also advise all bikers to bring: water for hydration, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a small snack (granola bar, dried fruit, nuts, etc).
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 4, 2023
Time: Meet a little before 10 a.m. so we can begin biking at 10:00.
Place: Cedar River Trail parking area, 21419 Renton-Maple Valley Road, Maple Valley,WA 98038 (across from Foley’s Produce)
Who: Bikers of all ability levels
Distance: About 11 miles, round trip. Trail is mixed paved and hard-packed gravel.
Questions? For questions, comments and suggestions, please contact: