UPDATE: Alcohol a factor in fatal head-on motorcycle crash in Burien Tuesday

UPDATE 4/2/14: The motorcyclist who was killed in Tuesday night’s head-on collision in the 400 block of SW 156th Street was identified by the King County Medical Examiner’s Office as Lee A. Cornett, 40, of Tukwila.

Cornett was pronounced dead at the scene, and the driver of the car suffered minor injuries.

It’s believed that alcohol was involved, and after being treated at Highline Medical Center, the driver of the car was booked into jail for investigation of vehicular homicide.

A second motorcyclist suffered minor injuries from attempting to avoid the first collision.

Police say that the two motorcyclists were heading one direction when one of them crashed head-on with a car traveling in the opposite direction.

The road was closed in all directions as police investigated.

The King County Sheriff’s Office also Tweeted this photo out from the scene of the crash:

BkMYxioCMAAV2Kp.jpg_large

Comments

14 Responses to “UPDATE: Alcohol a factor in fatal head-on motorcycle crash in Burien Tuesday”
  1. Ken says:

As an everyday motorcycle rider I hate this story! If you’re going to drink, STAY AT HOME!!! If you’re out drinking and are ready to go ho, CALL A CAB!!!

Well-liked. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 40 Thumb down 0

• Vance says:

People do not understand that it’s not just for there own safety. It’s for OTHERS as well.. hope he’s on for a long time or life!!! There’s no excuses for this just stupidity. R.i.P We will miss you.

Well-liked. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 17 Thumb down 3

2. J says:

Sad that it’s never the drunk driver that dies. What a shame.

Well-liked. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 16 Thumb down 0

3. Shirley A says:

This is a sad day. RIP Lee (Stick) You will be missed by many.

Well-liked. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 18 Thumb down 2

• Becky says:

Rip lee.

• Bill Schaefer says:

I was a friend of Lee ( Stick ) I live right next door to him. Sad thing I lost my Dad the same way in 1958 he was coming home from work when a stupid drunk came in to his lane and hit my Dad on his Motorcycle. WE are going to miss Lee. RIP. DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE.

Well-liked. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 10 Thumb down 0

4. Bev Lockhart says:

Share the Road! And don’t miss the WA State Chapter of ABATE’s Spring Opener near Roslyn June 13-15. (American bikers aimed towards education aka American Bikers Against Totalitarian Enactments.)

5. Shane Berg says:

R.I.P. Lee, I hope the person that did this gets what he deserves.

Well-liked. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 8 Thumb down 0

• john poitras says:

Lock them up for a long time and make it a felony for them to ever drive again.

Well-liked. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

6. Eric Krieger says:

R.I.P. Stick, You’ll be missed brother!

Well-liked. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

7. angie harris says:

Lee I am so sorry your life was probably at its best just beimg married working being domesticated andstructured I was proud of u even tho no one knew we were still friends even being present time im sad for your loss I only hope your next to your mother watching over all that u loved u will be missed love and respect your friend,Angie

8. daren says:

R.i.p lee stick cornett family ran deep you will always be missed

9. AUNTIE LEE says:

LEE ALLAN, I RAISED YOU FROM BIRTH, I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SO MUCH, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE WITH ME.. LOVE AND ALOHA AUNTIE LEE.

10. Tina a says:

Lee (Stick)- I’ve known you for longer than I can remember, you were family and shared many great memories in our lives. I know you are with my mom and yours watching over us now. We are gonna miss you so very much. To all the Cornett family you are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. RIP Stick we love you man!!