At tonight’s Study Session (Monday, Feb. 27), the Burien City Council will interview and vote on new members to the BEDP and arts commission, vote to waive competitive bidding requirements for both an oil spill in Arbor Lake and the closed Peter Western Bridge, discuss the upcoming City Manager finalist interview process, vote on a new logo for the City of Burien and more.
Download the full agenda and packet here (PDF file).
Here’s the agenda:
- Conduct Interviews of Applicants to the Business & Economic Development Partnership (BEDP) Advisory Board.
- Conduct Interviews of Applicants to the Arts Commission.
- Resolution 387 Declaring an Emergency Due to the Arbor Lake Oil Spill and Waiving the Competitive Bidding Requirements Pursuant to RCW 39.04.280.
- Resolution 388 Declaring an Emergency on the Peter Western Bridge and Waiving the Competitive Bidding Requirements Pursuant to RCW 39.04.280.
- Motion to Reappoint to the King County Landmarks Commission.
- Discussion and Direction Regarding City Manager Finalistsâ€™ Interview Process.
- Presentation and Potential Adoption of a New City of Burien Logo.
- Presentation and Potential Approval of the 2016 Business & Economic Development Partnership Annual Report.
- Review of Council Proposed Agenda Schedule.
The session starts at 7 p.m. at City Hall, located at 400 SW 152nd Street.