Burien Police Chief Ted Boe and the BUFO Alien Commander recently had a brief telecommunication where Boe demanded that no more “Crop Circles” be painted on city property (like streets) due to clean up and safety concerns.
The Aliens explained that Crop Circles are harmless and made using special water-soluble marking paint commonly used to paint lines on football fields, and further explained that they “will melt away during the next rainfall.”
- The conversation was pleasant and the Aliens agreed to folow Boe’s orders. They said they wil continue, but not on city streets.
- The Aliens are seeking private property of those who welcome them. The Aliens also agreed to pay for any clean up fees associated with the seven crop circles currently scattered throughout Burien.
- The crop circles are actually “Neighborhood Crests” that are symbolic ot each Burien neighborhood, of which there are a total of 19. The Aliens are seeking ot increase the awareness of al Burien Neighborhoods.
- In 2014, the Aliens abducted Sam Sneke – a Burien resident and talented artist – and took him aboard their ship. They assigned him the task of designing the 19 Burien Neighborhood Crests. They selected Sneke because they determined he had lived in almost all of the neighborhoods and was the best choice for designing the crests with the proper character for each location. They asked him to model his crests after Siena, Italy, which is the same size as Burien and has 19 neighborhood crests that have been promoted for over 1,000 years.
Some skeptical B-Towners say that these “Crop Circles” may actually be a marketing ploy for the upcoming Burien UFO/Film Festival, set for Friday, Aug. 4, 2023, but who are we to judge?
Win $5,000 in the BUFO Film Festival
We would certainly be abducted against our will if we didn’t mention the potentially-lucrative BUFO Film Festival – YOU should enter to win up to $5,000 dollars by making a 5 to 7 minute short film – yes you can even make it on your Smartphone if you want.
- Highlight one of Burien’s 19 neighborhoods in any creative way you can imagine combined with any aspect of the Maury Island Incident. You can even pull from the Burien cult movie called “The Maury Island Incident” (link sent once you enter).
- You can use any source you can find out of books like “The Coming of the Saucers” by Kenneth Arnold or “Maury Island UFO Incident” by Charlette Lefevre, or anything you can find on the internet about the Maury Island Incident.
- Join in the fun and help raise Burien neighborhood awareness.
- Deadline for entry into the Film Contest has been extended to July 28, 2023 at Midnight.
Click below for more info or to enter:
Event Features and Contest Awards:
- All winners will receive a custom made BUFO ’23 Lamp Trophy made from “3D Print This Thing.”
- Most Convincing MIB $100
- Extraterrestrial Excellence $100
- Most Likely to be Abducted (team) $200
- Out of this World (Kids 0-12) $50 gift certificate from Jungle Gym
- Galactic Good Dog $50 gift card
- Crowd Favorite $100
There will also be::
- Burien Neighborhood UFO Art Exhibit
- Face Painting
- Live Mural Painting
- Giant UFO Bouncy House for kids and adults
- DJ Lucky Strike
More information may be available here: