In an ongoing, mysterious case of what some call out-of-this-world graffiti (or “crop circles” without the crops), “Aliens” recently tagged Burien’s Beverly Park neighborhood with this strange symbol:
“Soon onlookers were shocked to know that they live in the City of Burien rather than unincorporated King County, and cheers were heard as the Aliens departed,” an unidentified witness said.
Cheers were heard as the Aliens departed – they said they were seeking “the Burien Neighborhood Champion.”
Some skeptical B-Towners say this new “flying saucer” evidence may actually be a marketing ploy for the upcoming Burien UFO/Film Festival, set for Friday, Aug. 4, 2023, but who are we to judge?
Win $5,000 in the BUFO Film Festival
We would certainly be abducted against our will if we didn’t mention the potentially-lucrative BUFO Film Festival – YOU should enter to win up to $5,000 dollars by making a 5 to 7 minute short film – yes you can even make it on your Smartphone if you want.
- Highlight one of Burien’s 19 neighborhoods in any creative way you can imagine combined with any aspect of the Maury Island Incident. You can even pull from the Burien cult movie called “The Maury Island Incident” (link sent once you enter).
- You can use any source you can find out of books like “The Coming of the Saucers” by Kenneth Arnold or “Maury Island UFO Incident” by Charlette Lefevre, or anything you can find on the internet about the Maury Island Incident.
- Join in the fun and help raise Burien neighborhood awareness.
- Deadline for entry into Film Contest is July 15, 2023 at Midnight.
Click below for more info or to enter:
Event Features and Contest Awards:
- All winners will receive a custom made BUFO ’23 Lamp Trophy made from “3D Print This Thing.”
- Most Convincing MIB $100
- Extraterrestrial Excellence $100
- Most Likely to be Abducted (team) $200
- Out of this World (Kids 0-12) $50 gift certificate from Jungle Gym
- Galactic Good Dog $50 gift card
- Crowd Favorite $100
There will also be::
- Burien Neighborhood UFO Art Exhibit
- Face Painting
- Live Mural Painting
- Giant UFO Bouncy House for kids and adults
- DJ Lucky Strike
We can confirm that the 19th neighborhood is Hurstwood, according to the Burien Men in Black, who also notified us telepathically early this morning with the following image:
More information may be available here: