On the agenda for Monday night’s (April 6, 2020) virtual Burien City Council meeting: proclamation about stigma and bias against Asian American and Pacific Islander communities, a presentation on COVID-19 support and resources for residents and businesses, eviction protection for business owners and more.
The meeting will start at 7 p.m., and will be held via teleconference, and available to view on TV channel 21, online and using Zoom.
Starting with this meeting and until the COVID-19 crisis is over, council meetings will be held virtually using Zoom webinar software, “in order to comply with orders from Governor Jay Inslee to not hold in-person council meetings.”
The City Clerk’s Office is hosting the meeting, councilmembers will be Panelists, and Burien residents and members of the public – as well as City staff – are Attendees. Webinar attendees do not interact with one another; they join in listen-only mode, and the host can unmute one or more attendees as needed.
Here’s how to view the meeting (see full instructions here):
- Burien TV Channel 21
- Live Stream: https://bit.ly/2wY8HFE
- Council Meeting Zoom Webinar: https://bit.ly/3aEvdC5
Here’s the agenda (download a PDF of the the full packet here):
PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS:
- Proclamation About the Stigma and Bias on API Communities re: COVID-19 5 (Councilmember Sofia Aragon & the Full Council) 04-06-2020 – Against Bias and Hate Crimes COVID
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT ON EMERGING ISSUES:
- COVID-19 Voluntary Compliance (Police Chief Theodore Boe)
- Support and Resources for Burien Residents (Colleen Brandt-Schluter, Human Services Manager / Emily Inlow-Hood, Communications Officer)
- Support and Resources for Burien Businesses (COVID-19 pandemic) (Chris Craig, Economic Development Manager)
PUBLIC COMMENT DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
There are three ways to provide public comment:
1. Email (preferred): You can provide a public comment in advance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The City Clerk will read your comment aloud for up to two minutes per email comment during the meeting.
2. Text: Send a text to email@example.com (simply enter the email address in the “To:” line of the text) and the City Clerk will read your comment aloud for up to two minutes per text comment during the meeting.
3. Online (Zoom): If you are unable to provide public comment via email or text, and would still like to provide public comment during the meeting, you will need to login to the Zoom meeting that begins at approximately 7 p.m.
- Applicant to the Airport Committee (Megan Gregor, City Clerk)
- Applicants to the Planning Commission (Megan Gregor, City Clerk)
- Presentation of Resolution No. 423, 2020 Comprehensive Plan Amendment Docket (Thara Johnson, Senior Planner)
- Presentation of Resolution No. 428, Preliminary Subdivision Request for the Greensward Farm Subdivision (Brandi Eyerly, Planner)
- Presentation of Resolution No. 429, Request of State and Federal Elected Officials for Immediate Moratorium On Rent and Mortgage (Brian Wilson, City Manager)
- Council Agenda Planning Calendar (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)