On the agenda for Monday night’s (Aug. 7, 2023) regular Burien City Council meeting: an overview of locations and services offered to the homeless in Burien, discussion of a potential ballot initiative for Public Safety and other city services and more.
Here are some highlights from the agenda:
PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS:
- a) Día del Guatemalteco (Guatemala Day) Proclamation: Councilmember Jimmy Matta, Día del Guatemalteco Proclamation
- b) World Breastfeeding Week Proclamation: Councilmember Stephanie Mora, World Breastfeeding Week Proclamation
- c) Opioid Addiction Presentation: Tara L. Kunkel, MSW, Rulo Strategies Presentation
- d) Overview of Locations and Services Offered to the Homeless in Burien: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
Notice to all participants: Pursuant to RCW 42.17A.555, campaigning for any ballot measure or candidate in City Hall and/or during any portion of the Council Meeting – including the public comment period – is prohibited.
- a) Discussion of Potential Ballot Initiative for Public Safety and Other City Services: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager
- b) City Council Planning Calendar :Adolfo Bailon, City Manager