REMINDER: Have you got your costume ready yet? The 3rd annual Burien UFO Festival (‘BUFO’) will be a week from tonight â€“ Wednesday, April 1 (April Fool’s Day) â€“ starting at 6 p.m. in Olde Burien! This year, expect some new surprisesÂ â€“ including a film festival â€“ at this growing, fun and creative outdoor party in front of the Tin Room, including:
- The first-ever Burien Film Festival (with a $2,500 prize) with an outdoor screening
- Outdoor Street Party with Beer Garden
- Kids’ face painting, inflatables and crafts
- Bring-your-0wn UFO contest
- Share your UFO stories on stage
- Flash Mob
- Photo Booth
- Live music
- Costume Fashion Show â€“ Best Man/Woman In Black, Alien and Spock (see otherÂ costume ideas here)
- Spock’s Funeral
- Live music from the Super Sonic Soul Pimps
Come Celebrate World UFO Day Festival in Memphis, Tennesse, home of Elvis Presley – the coolest alien of them all.
There are several reasons why this day has found it’s way into the world. One of the first and foremost reasons is to raise awareness about the undoubted existence of UFO’s and with that intelligent beings from outer space. This day is also used to encourage governments to declassify their knowledge about sightings throughout the history. Many governments, the US government for instance, are believed to have gained exclusive information about UFO’s through their military departments. A subject that still raises a lot of curiosity is the Roswell incident in 1947 when a believed UFO crashed in Roswell New Mexico.
Comments are closed.