Your Highline High School Pirates varsity football team blew out their White Center rivals the Evergreen Wolverines by a score of 68-0 at Highline Memorial Stadium on Friday night, Sept. 22, 2023.
And no, you didn’t misread the score, and this wasn’t a basketball game – the final tally for this football game was really 68-0.
The Pirates’ offense was unstoppable, scoring seemingly at will, and taking a 21-0 lead at the end of the 1st quarter and a commanding 49-0 lead into halftime. The defense was just as impressive, shutting out the Wolverines for the entire game.
Here are some of the game highlights:
- In the first quarter, #22 Tevita Angilau had a 21-yard pick 6 interception to put the Pirates up 13-0.
- #13 Quentin Camp recovered a fumble by Evergreen.
- #7 Marquawn McCraney had a 46-yard punt return for a TD.
- #1 Ronan Rasmussen with a long pass to #7 Marquawn McCraney.
- #2 Jamaine Matthews Jr had a 2-yard rushing TD.
- QB #12 Junior Houth completed a 52-yard pass to #8 Adam Estrada for a TD.
- #3 Mark Baker had a rushing TD to put the score at Highline 41, Evergreen 0.
- #1 Ronan Rasmussen threw a 40-yardd pass to #7 Marquawn McCraney for a TD.
- #16 Roger Williams jr had a 5-yard rushing TD to make the score 55-0.
- #6 Simon Habte had a 19-yard rushing TD to make the score Highline 62, Evergreen 0.
- #22 Tevita Angilau had a 26-yard fumble return touchdown to cement the lopsided win at 68-0.
The Wolverines were simply no match for the Pirates’ high-powered offense and suffocating defense. The Wolverines were unable to get anything going on offense, and their defense was repeatedly and easily gashed by the Pirates’ offense.
The Pirates now own a 3-1 record, and their average points scored per game is up to 48.5. They are in first place in the 2A KingCo Division.
Evergreen has a 1-3 record and is tied for last place in the same division.
Pirates take on Redhawks this Friday, Sept. 29
Highline’s next game will be against Sammamish for a 2A KingCo contest this coming Friday, Sept. 29. Highline will take on a RedHawks squad coming off a 34-30 non-league loss to Sultan. The RedHawks’ record now stands at 2-2.
Coming up next, the Wolverines will face the Lindbergh Eagles in a 2A KingCo contest, on Friday, Sept. 29. Evergreen will attempt to upgrade on its 1-3 season record. The Eagles go into the contest with a 2-2 record after their 15-10 league win over Interlake.