On the agenda for Monday night’s (Sept. 18, 2023) regular Burien City Council: Ordinance No. 818, Unlawful Public Camping, Community Development Block Grant funding, Council selection of Planning Commission Candidates to interview and more.
Below are some agenda highlights:
PRESENTATIONS AND PROCLAMATIONS
- a) Hispanic Heritage Month Proclamation: Councilmember Stephanie Mora
- b) Presentation of Amendment to Recology Contract: Maiya Andrews, Public Works Director, Jeanette Jurgensen, Epicenter Services Owner
- c) Presentation of Research Requested by Council related to Unlawful Public Camping: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager, Garmon Newsom II, City Attorney
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT
Notice to all participants: Pursuant to RCW 42.17A.555, campaigning for any ballot measure or candidate in City Hall and/or during any portion of the Council Meeting – including the public comment period – is prohibited.
- a) Public Hearing on Proposed Use of 2024 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds: Colleen Brandt-Schluter, Human Services Manager, Anyah Zupancic, Human Services Coordinator
- a) Discussion of the Allocation of FY2024 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds for Planning and Administration, Human Services, and Capital Projects: Colleen Brandt-Schluter, Human Services Manager, Anyah Zupancic, Human Services Coordinator
- b) Introduction to Ordinance No. 822, Interim Zoning for the Office Zone: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager, Alex Hunt, Planner
- c) Council Selection of Planning Commission Candidates to Interview: Heather Dumlao, City Clerk
- d) Discussion of Ordinance No. 818, Unlawful Public Camping: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager, Garmon Newsom II, City Attorney
- e) City Council Planning Calendar: Adolfo Bailon, City Manager