With candidate filing week quickly approaching (May 15-19, 2023), King County Elections wants to make sure that all potential candidates have the information they need to add their name to the ballot.
Since 2023 is an odd year, there will be numerous local elections, including three contested seats for Burien City Council:
- Position 2 (incumbent: Cydney Moore)
- Position 4 (incumbent: Kevin Schilling)
- Position 6 (incumbent: Sofia Aragon)
So far, these four candidates have filed early for Burien City Council (links are to candidates PDC profiles):
- Cydney Moore (Position 2)
- Linda Akey (Position 2)
- Alex Andrade (Position 6)
- Krystal Marx (Position 6)
Throughout the month of April, King County Elections will host virtual workshops via Zoom that will cover important dates and deadlines, how to submit your local voters’ pamphlet statement, and more.
Register now at the links below:
- Saturday, April 15 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Register for the April 15 session here.
- Thursday, April 20 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. This session will include topics specific to anyone interested in running for office in Seattle and include speakers from the City of Seattle and Seattle Ethics & Elections Commission. Register for the April 20 session here.
- Monday, April 24 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Register for the April 24 session here.
The Public Disclosure Commission will join each workshop to provide basic campaign finance information.
The City of Seattle and Seattle Ethics and Elections will join the Thursday, April 20 workshop to cover Seattle-specific campaign and finance requirements and the City’s Democracy Voucher program.
Candidate filing week this year will be from Monday, May 15 to Friday, May 19, 2023. All candidates are encouraged to file online.
In-person assistance will be available at King County Elections Headquarters in Renton.
If you have questions or need assistance, call the King County Elections Election Services team at 206-296-1565 or email [email protected].