VIDEOS: Burien’s First-Ever April Fool’s ‘UFO Crash’ Party a HUGE Success!

Olde Burien was abuzz Monday night (April 1) as SW 152nd was overtaken by a “crashed” UFO, a Flash Mob and hundreds of people celebrating the upcoming local filming of “The Maury Island Incident,” as well as what could become an annual April Fool’s event.

The event was produced by Renatta Emerson Events, the UFO was designed and built by John White (the film’s Executive Producer) and his crew, and fun was had by all – aliens, Men in Black, Women in Black, and even some Dogs in Black!

Oh, and did you see Ciscoe emerge from the UFO and throw brussel sprouts into the crowd?

KOMO News was also on hand, and they produced this video showing the block party, which was a huge, fun success:

And here’s a video of one of the Flash Mobs doing “Thriller,” as shot by Michael Brunk:

Comments

9 Responses to “VIDEOS: Burien’s First-Ever April Fool’s ‘UFO Crash’ Party a HUGE Success!”
  1. Erik Robbins says:

What an awesome night. We had a blast. We love Burien!!

2. Lori Alden says:

excellent Job! Fabulous evening! Loved meeting Ciscoe!

3. Gorp says:

I totally would have been there. Didn’t get an email or never heard about the event?
    How did everybody know about it? I’m sad I missed it!

• This event was promoted on the blog and Facebook, but perhaps we can do a better job next time.

May I recommend just marking April 1, 2014 on your calendars, as the success of this one will most assuredly guarantee another “landing” then!

thanks,
      scott

• liljo says:

Hey Scott, any more pics? Also, when do we find out the winners? And where can I vote?

4. Mykal says:

Bah! Wish I didn’t get a call the night before at 10:30pm telling me that I had family coming in from out of town… Looks like I missed out!

5. heidi says:

i also missed hearing of it 🙁 i wish i coulda been there 🙁

6. Alien Lover says:

This was fantastic…..Can hardly wait for the movie…..

Are you still selling the bracelets???? Are they available at the Tin Room…

Hats off to Mr. White….He is definitely the man in Black…Love the car and his flying saucer was amazing….Mr. Multi-faceted…..Lucky Mrs. White….I mean Teresa