Burien’s annual Dia De Los Muertos / Day Of The Dead Celebration will be held at the Community Center from 6 â€“ 9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 28. Don’t miss this fun-filled evening to learn about the rich tradition of DAY of the DEAD. Play Loteria (Mexican bingo), get your face painted and create crafts. Enjoy Bolero and Mariachi music, bi-lingual storytelling around the campfire, and Mexican hot chocolate. Beautiful altars will be on display created by Burien community groups. This is aÂ FREE, family-friendly event put on by Burien Parks.
WHEN: Friday, October 28, 2016,Â 6:00-9:00PM WHERE: Burien Community Center,Â 14700 6th Ave SW WHAT: Altars/OfrendasMore info here. [caption id="attachment_104248" align="aligncenter" width="490"] Photo by Michael Brunk / nwlens.com[/caption]]]>
Arts & Crafts — mask making and more!
- Face Painting hosted by Burien Arts
- Loteria (bingo) Room
Traditional Music and Dance Â
- Come dressed at a Katrina and join the Procession!
Food for purchase from Maria’s Tamales. Storytelling
- Los Flacos–6-6:45 & 7:30-8:15
- Mariachi Fiesta Mexicana–6:30-8:30
- Grupo Folklorico Citali–7-7:30
- Grupo Folklorico Guadelajara–8:15-9:00
And much more!
- Mirta y so Bolsa de Canciones, Mirta and Her Bag of Songs