On Friday, Dec. 29, Junior Girl Scout Troop #44039 completed their Bronze Award project by delivering blankets they made for patients at Seattle Childrenâ€™s Hospital. As part of the award, the troop researched problems in the community and what they could do to help. â€œWe wanted to help out our community by giving something comforting to sick children our age,â€ said troop member Morgan Ramos. The girls earned money to purchase supplies from cookie sales and bought fabric from local craft stores. Troop members learned how to make the blankets then each one made two blankets and cards for the patients. When delivering the blankets, the troop learned that many patients at Childrenâ€™s receive great comfort from the blankets they receive during their stay and keep them for many years. From completing this project the girls felt that they had made a great difference in their community.]]>
Search The B-Town (Burien) Blog
Support Our Sponsors
Search The B-Town Blog
March 5 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
March 5 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
March 6 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
March 13 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
March 27 @ 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
April 24 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Story Idea or News Tip?
Send story ideas & tips to us at:
You can also text us or leave a voicemail 24/7:
Or call our office at (206) 248-2565!
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices NW Realty
Subscribe to our Newsletter
- Kennedy Catholic High School seeking public’s help identifying vandals who damaged campus
- Eligibility expanded to 65 and over at Kent and Auburn vaccination sites
- Burien Arts Association honors Artist and Volunteer of the Year
- Krystal Marx announces she’s running for re-election to Burien City Council
- Shooting in Burien Monday morning leaves one man dead
- Feel Good Friday: Being change.
- DAL Law Firm: Can an LLC protect my assets?
- Two teachers forced out of Burien’s Kennedy Catholic High School due to LGBT status 72.9k views
- Staff at Burien’s Countryside Cafe mourning recent loss of owner, friend 21.2k views
- BREAKING: Man being treated for coronavirus at Highline Medical Center 20.6k views
- City of Burien declares ‘State of Emergency’ due to COVID-19 coronavirus 12.4k views
- Crime increasing in Burien, along with everywhere in S. King County, Chief says 10.9k views
- Man waiting for tow truck found slumped over wheel in Burien Friday afternoon 10.2k views
- UPDATE: Coronavirus testing tents removed from CVS Pharmacy in Burien 9.7k views
- Support our local restaurants during the quarantine – here’s how/where to order food 9.6k views
- B-TOWN BIZ: Bargain hunters bummed as Burien’s Big Lots has closed 9.1k views
- Infected employee at Burien Fred Meyer concerned about recent COVID outbreak at store 8.8k views