On the agenda for Monday night’s regular City Council meeting are naming the 2019 Citizen of the Year, Burien CARES AnimalÂ Control, a presentation on the Community Court, a moratorium on Enhanced Services Facilities, homelessness and more.
Download the full agenda packet here (PDF file).
A special meeting to discuss the Citizen of the Year will start at 6:15 p.m., with the regular meeting beginning at 7 p.m.
Burien City Hall is located at 400 SW 152nd Street.
SPECIAL MEETING AT 6:15 PM:
- To Hold a Discussion on Naming the 2019 Citizen of the Year Award Recipient.
REGULAR MEETING AT 7:00 PM:â€¨
PRESENTATIONS AND/OR PROCLAMATIONS
- Proclamation Recognizing the Centennial of the Rainier Golf and Country Club.(Councilmember Lucy Krakowiak / Rainier Centennial Chairman, Club President and General Manager Bryon Hammock)
- Proclamation Relating to the City of Burien as a City that Celebrates Diversity and Inclusion and Denounces Racism, Sexism, Homophobia, and Hate.(Mayor Jimmy Matta)
- Presentation on the Community Court by King County Court Judge Tucker.(Colleen Brandt-Schluter, Human Services Manager / Ted Boe, Burien Police Chief)
- Presentation on the Human Services Commission Annual Report and 2019 Workplan. (Colleen Brandt-Schluter, Human Services Manager / Brendon Scholtz, Commission Chair)
- Presentation on the Community Animal Resource & Education Society (CARES) Annual Report. (Cathy Schrock, Administrative Services Director / Debra George, CARES Executive Director)
CITY MANAGER’S REPORT ON EMERGING ISSUES
- Motion on Naming the 2019 Annual Citizen of the Year Award Recipient(s). (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)
- Discussion and Potential Action to Adopt Ordinance No. 704 Establishing a Six-Month Moratorium on the Filing of Applications for Licenses, Permits, and Approvals for any Enhanced Services Facility or Comparable Business in the City and Setting a Public Hearing Therefore. (Lisa Marshall, City Attorney)
- Information and Discussion on the Final South King Housing and Homelessness Partnership (SKHHP) Agreement. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager / Colleen Brandt-Schluter, Human Services Manager)
- Review of the Council Proposed Agenda Schedule. (Brian J. Wilson, City Manager)